"Welcome to Storrs, Connecticut as we begin the Uconn Vs Georgetown women's volleyball game. I'm Bianca here with my partner David, say hello."

"Hello Storrs." A male voice laughs, "Bianca, how are you feeling about today's match up?"

"Well David, as most have known Uconn did not have a very strong season last year. Going 8 and 22 overall, however this year we have quite the switch up with three very strong freshmen recruits. All freshmen which hopefully will be enough to turn the tide for Uconn's season into a victorious one this year."

I tune out the commentary coming from the booth next to my teammates and I as I fully focus on the game below me, watching as one of Alyssa's teammates manage to get the ball up, instantly sending it to their setter who sends it Alyssa's way. The black-haired girl hits it, however the ball soaring far outside of the court lines as the ref holds is flag up signaling it was out, giving the point to Georgetown.

"Oh that's not good.." I hear Maia mumble beside me with Caitlin and Kate humming in agreement behind me. I bite my lip slightly as I see Alyssa shake her head on the court, patting her own chest to her teammates in a silent 'my bad', statement.

"That's alright Alyssa boo! Shake it off girlie!" Kk screams, Azzi and Aaliyah yelling their own encouragements out

___________

Alyssa's P.O.V

My heart literally feels like it's trying to escape and make a new home OUTSIDE of my body right now. I huff to myself as my teammates hold out there hands towards me.

"My bad, my bad." I pat my chest as I own up to my mistake before high fiving the girls, moving to go back to position but not before Ryna comes up to me, patting my shoulder quick before going back to her position making me glance behind myself at her.

"You got this girlie, let's show them what we can do."

I nod, taking another breathe as another serve comes back over. Ryan easily being able to make a perfect pass.

"Hit me again, 4!" I yell, my arm up, praying that Maggie, our setter, will set me again after my last screw up, which she does.

'Thank you' I think to myself as I run for my approach, jumping towards the ball coming towards me before tipping it right over the block infront of me.

The Georgetown libero attempts to dive for the pick up, not making it in time as the ball hits the ground cause for the husky crowd to start yelling.

"AND THE HUSKYS FIRST POINT OF THE GAME WILL BE BY ALYSSA KNIGHT ! WITH THE ASSIST FROM MAGGIE CARLEY!" I hear the speakers come to life as the announcers yell out the first points for our side of the day. My teammates come up to me, some giving me high fives and some slapping my butt because of the heads up play.

I take another breath, a small smile working its way to my lips.

"Alright. I can do this." I softly say to myself. Getting ready for the next play.

We eventually ended up winning the first two sets and dropping the third, now we were in the fourth set, currently leading 23 to 22. I was up to serve.

Looking over at my coach, I see as she holds up a 5 behind her clipboard. She wants me to serve the back right corner, which makes sense because at this time on the other team, the setter is trying to hide behind their outside. If I can force the setter to take the first ball, it'll mess up their offensive play for their start.

Inhaling deeply, I nod before tossing the ball up for a float serve, hitting the volleyball and entering the court. The white, blue and black ball moves back and forth slightly in the air, landing on the setter as she's in the middle of trying to move towards the front, making her panic and pass an unplayable pall.