Chapter-8-

Julia POV

Julia POV.

As I started to wake up, the smell of gas and oil flooded my nostrils as I took a few breaths, my head beginning to clear.

I was in the backseat of a car, feeling all groggy from sleep.

How long have I been sleeping?

As I massaged my tired eyes and sensed a weird feeling in my wrist, my focus locked on the bandage wrapped around it.

As I touched the bandages, memories of pain and peril flooded back. It was a reminder of the challenges I hadn't overcome and those still ahead.
All my efforts and the danger I had faced were useless.

After I was fully conscious, I recall feeling briefly awake after being transferred from the plain into this car.

Meaning that I'm in Italy now.

The morning light peeking through the dark tint. Even though it was dark, I could make out the shapes around me, telling me that night had turned into day.

Due to fatigue last night, I slept deeply.
On top of that, I had barely slept the previous night on the ship.

I raised myself up on one elbow, peering outside. sandwiched between two huge hills, The road snaked across the landscape, a tiny ribbon of asphalt snaking its way through the natural world. But it didn't seem like an empty area, even though it was far away, you could feel the excitement in the air hinting that a city was nearby.

Finally, we came across a towering wall topped with elaborate ironwork, there were heavily built men stationed at the entrance, examining the driver as they figured out if we were allowed in. their muscles bulging under their uniforms as they guarded the towering structure.

After a quick chat, the gatekeeper nodded their agreement, they opened the gate.

We drove in the sight of rows of tall cypress trees lining the path of entire the driveway, swaying in the breeze, casting long shadows across the lush greenery below. It made me curious and a little scared at the same time.

I noticed the road kept going up and up, making me feel like we were on a hill or something.

Where the hell are we going?

The car stopped again at... another gate?.

There are two gates!

There is no way can someone even try to escape.

As we got closer to the entrance, the tension in the air was thicker, and the security here was much tighter they looked serious and alert, and opened the gates without any questions.
The guard nodded shortly and motioned for us to go in, and the car moved forward smoothly.

I move forward, my fingers touching the glass of the window as I look at the outside, every time we turn a corner, a whole new view opens up before us I can see the city not too far from us.