Chapter-3-

Julia POV.

The bright sunlight pierced through my eyes

The bright sunlight pierced through my eyes. as I slowly woke up from a fatigued sleep.

I slowly stretch my body out and yawn, gradually waking myself up. Since I work in the evening, I don't have to set an alarm.

Last night was pretty unusual, considering what happened on my way back home and the fact that my dad wasn't there when I arrived.

My mind was still hazy, and my body felt achy from carrying those heavy bags.

I made my way to my bathroom, brushing my teeth.

While I was cleansing my face, I suddenly heard a loud noise coming from downstairs. The noise was so unexpected that It startled me so much that I had to pause and try to figure out what it could be.

it didn't sound loud from where I was but it must have been loud downstairs.

I rinsed my face harshly because almost the bubbles blinded my eyes as I tried to make sense of it.

I immediately halted what I was doing As soon as I heard a loud wood crash. Without hesitation, I rushed out of my room, water dripping down my face as I descended the stairs quickly.

I saw the front door was opened wide. noticing the door handle token out.

This is not how I wanted my morning to start.

"Julia, Run!" My gaze instantly lost its spark when I looked across the living room and spotted four men, one of whom had a gun pointed at my father's head. Shivering from fear.

Initially, I thought they were robbers, but they weren't. What kind of robber wears expensive suits while stealing, even though thieves don't typically steal during the daylight.

Damn, I've never laid eyes on someone holding a gun this freakin' close before.

"Dad?". I slowly stepped in.

"You're finally up" The person talked who was sitting on the center sofa. "It must've taken the entire house collapsing to actually wake you up".

"Mr. Pablo please don't put my daughter in this predicament" As I approached them, my father gave him a begging look. What's going on?.

The man that my dad called him Pablo nodded, proofing my father's humiliation.

"You can thank your daughter for this early surprise visit". He said to my father as he allowed the cigar smoke to linger in his mouth.

In a situation like this, most people would be terrified, and if I didn't control my anger, I might have been too scared to move.

"I don't understand. I still have time to pay off the remaining debt." Dad said, with a worried look. What's going on?

"Let's make one thing clear. I'm not interested in you, nor your father". Pablo ignored him and glanced at where I was standing."Anyway, the terms your father made with the family are no longer valid." He added, getting up on the sofa.