Swallowing Infatuation - Lover/Reputation (Angst)

Reputation attends a party where Lover happens to be

TW: Description of Drinking/Drunk + One Derogatory Term

-----------------------

Reputation finds herself already hating herself when she enters the house. Everything was overstimulating to her tonight and the last thing she needed was to go to a party. With fucking Midnights nonetheless. "Stop being such a piss baby." Midnights is dragging Rep by the arm, trying to find the kitchen where the drinks could be. "Just get a fucking grip and try to enjoy yourself, okay?" She didn't even look at the other woman when she let go. Rep rolled her eyes as she saw Midnights claw her way through the hoards of people, finding the cooler full of alcohol. Rep mutters to herself as she tries to find a corner to wallow in her self-pity,

"You're just going to end up going home with someone else anyway. Drugs, sex, maybe both? At the same time?" She chuckled at that last sentence, setting her back on the wall. It was mellow and isolated from the rest of the party, letting Rep indulge in her thoughts momentarily. It was cut short when she felt a touch to her shoulder. With a groan she turned to see Lover smiling. "The hell do you want?"

"I saw you were alone. Thought you would want a drink." Lover handed Rep a red solo cup fill with plain water. The other woman snickered slightly,

"A drink hmm?" Her tone still held annoyance as she found Lover to be exhausting and overbearing. Although, somehow, they managed to live together with eight other people.

"Wasn't sure exactly what you enjoyed so..." Lover had that innocence to her when she gleamed at Rep, seeming to not give two shits about what she had to say about her. "How are you doing?"

"I'm standing at a party I was forced to go to only to be isolated and abandoned. I'm fucking fantastic!" Rep mocked the other woman at the last part, her arms up in the air then quickly putting them down again. Her smile faded quickly, crossing her arms, looking anywhere else but Lover. Despite this, her mockery was not held to heart and was instead replied to with concern,

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Rep took a quick sip of the water only to be nudged on the back of her leg.

"You can hang out with me? I wasn't forced to come here but pretty sure all my friends left me too." She raised an eyebrow when Lover asked that question but hesitantly nodded.

"What else is there to do?" While she didn't care much, her answer out of pure boredom, she did stick by Lover's side all night. One thing she seemed to learn is that even if the blonde was young she drank a lot. Like a lot. Maybe it was just this separate occasion though, as she seemed to get less colorful through each sip.

Reputation wasn't really listening at this point, all she knew was Lover was drunk as fuck and rambling on about some ex. Maybe this is why she's drinking so much. Desperate to drink it all away. Rep knew that feeling all too well but would never say it. She stands right next to her and another man, scowling from Lovers babble.

"I meannn-" Her words held out in a slur and hiccuped between sentences, "how could he just leaveeeee for that?" Hiccup. "What a dickkkkk." Rep smirks at that last part, having never heard Lover curse before. She pressed her cup onto her lips where the same water she's had since the beginning resides. She's starting to notice the guy who Lover was with got closer to her and his hand on the wall. Rep glares at him.

"Yeah, well screw him right?" he snickered and Lover nods in agreement and gulps the liquid in her cup down. The man's hand began to travel up the drunk girl's thigh, still listening to her inadequate words.