I miss you, I'm sorry (2/2)

Start from the beginning

Shubman chuckled, "Yes, it's me."

"Wow, that's so cool. But I thought you weren't going to pursue writing?"

Shubman grinned, leaning onto the bed frame, "Someone told me that letting others control my every step will suffocate me. Agar apne mukaam ko haasil karne ke liye kuch karna khudgarzi hai to kabhi kabhi thoda khudgarz hona aur khud ke liye jeena itna bhi bura nahi," He smiled softly, looking at Ishan as he added, "I just decided to listen to that wise person."

Ishan felt warmth spreading throughout his whole body as Shubman quoted the words Ishan had told him once.

"I'm so proud of you, Shubi." Ishan said and he was, he felt incredibly proud of Shubman for pursuing what he actually loves, standing up for himself and not giving up on his dreams.

"I know you are," Shubman whispered, looking down at his hands with a small smile. Why did it feel so nice to hear that from Ishan? Maybe because Ishan was the only person who saw him, for his achievements as well as his failures, for his mistakes as well as his accomplishments, for his flaws as well as his qualities, on his good days and on days he didn't even had the energy to get up. Ishan never expected him to be perfect. For Ishan Shubman was a human with feelings, not some puppet you could control according to your own desires. Ishan made him feel heard, seen and acknowledged as a person and that feeling was so freeing when your whole life people had always tried to control you. So knowing Ishan was proud of him made his insides feel giddy and heart burst out with warmth.

Ishan noticed that Shubman was a little overwhelmed by the whole situation so he tried to lighten up the mood, "By the way, Shubi, Thor, seriously? Was there no other name in the whole world?"

"Shut up, Thor is cool," Shubman said, giving him a blank stare causing Ishan to laugh.

"Well, I never thought I'd be in the great presence of such an incredible writer, can I have an autograph, Mr. Thor?" Ishan asked, smiling cheekily.

"Stop making fun of me," Shubman pouted.

Ishan chuckled, forcefully pushing away the urge to kiss the pout, "I'm serious, I really love your work. De de na ek autograph."

Shubman giggled as Ishan forwarded him the book and a pen to sign. He signed the book and gave it back to Ishan before they heard a knock on the door, before the person peeked their head inside. It was Piya.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked, smiling teasingly.

Ishan sighed, already being used to their relentless teasing for no goddamn reason at all, "No di, you're not interrupting anything. What's up?"

"Oh, we were just about to watch a movie. You wanna join us?"

"Sure, why not?" Ishan replied before looking at Shubman, "Do you, Shubi?"

"Yeah, I'd love to." Shubman said.

"Cool, come out then," Piya smiled, leaving the room.

-

"Main to thak gayi, bhaisaab," Piya drawled, mimicking the famous meme as she dropped on the couch, wiping the non-existent sweat from her forehead.

"Don't, love. Please don't," Charlotte spoke, giving her a mock disgusted glance causing everyone to laugh.

"Where's Lily?" Ishan asked.

"She slept." Piya replied, scrolling through difference movies.

"What are we watching, di?" Shubman asked, making himself comfortable on the couch.

"Let's watch Guzaarish. You like Hrithik Roshan, right?"

"How do you know?" Shubman asked, confused.