Chapter 54: Grand Closing

Start from the beginning

"This was an amazing experience for everyone," He claimed. "Before, I would have never trusted Milim in Veldora's care, but hearing her talk about designing the dungeon with him and Ramiris has touched my heart. Seeing my brother grow has brought up surprising emotions." He laughed silently to himself, "I placed my bets on humans, seems I lost. But for you and that slime to do all of this... truly a great place."

Veldanava gestured to the people before taking a drink, Laden asked, "Tell me, are you different than your past self?"

Without thinking, Veldanava laughed, still looking at the people, "The heart rarely changes, and for me, I will always be who I am at heart."

"I see... Luminous was right."

A chill went down the dragon's spine when he heard the name, slowly he turned to look at Laden. His eyes had become heavier and the air around him darkened. Veldanava forgot who he was speaking to for a moment, and wanted to take back his words. However, Laden gave him back the drink before leaving the party. Though it was noticed, the event carried on into the night.

The next morning, a commotion came from the main hall as Mjoll was dealing with the frustrated merchants who had not been paid yet. Luminous had sent her people to resolve the currency issue as agreed and it was resolved. However, the payment was held off to root out those involved in the issue. Mjoll brought up the fact that there should be more options than a flat immediate payment.

"Trust," A human duke by the name Muse spoke up, "That is the only option. To have that the merchants require proof in currency, and the only currency acceptable for foreign trade is that of the Western standard."

Laden threw open the doors, "What's all this noise?"

"Ah, Lord Laden," The duke continued, "I am Duke Muse, I was just about to explain to Mjoll that I have a solution to your currency problem."

"So you're the troublesome one," Laden said, confusing and worrying the duke. "[Daeva]." A magical wave washed over all those present except for Mjoll who watched on. "To confirm, are you the one responsible for the currency issue?"

"Yes..." The duke sleepily spoke. "I planned to use the reports here, disguised as merchants to spread the word that Tempest was financially reliant on me and was therefore in debt to us."

"That doesn't sound like the whole picture. Who put you up to this?"

"The Rosso Family... They see Tempest and you two as threats to their power..."

"The Rosso family?!" Mjoll was shocked. "The shadow committee... is it them?"

Laden grabbed Mjoll, "Where do they live?"

"Huh? My lord, you don't plan to go after them right this moment do you?"

"Yes, I do. Now tell me Mjoll, or I will put you under the same effect as them and you won't remember this information."

"R-right... The Kingdom of Siltrosso. It is between Farmenas and Ingrassia, facing the North Sea. Please, Lord Laden, think of the consequences of making a move like that right after this festival."

"For the fact that his man has failed his task, either way, I'll hold off for today since there's a meeting later."

"Thank you," Mjoll lowered his head.

Laden snapped his fingers, Diablo brought in a large chest that, once dropped and opened, snapped the others out of their trance. The duke and the rest did not recall anything after Laden entered, and while the duke tried to cry that the coins were fake, Hinata walked in shortly after, claiming that the Holy Empire bought a large number of goods and the serves. To call the coins fake was to insult the Holy Empire, so the duke quickly retracted what he said but used the duke's words as cause to ban the merchants.