94

It's been a month since the mass shooting and Seattle grace mercy west has finally opened there doors again, everything seems normal but Scarlett is still in critical condition, though she is back at Seattle grace, there's still some issues one being this morning Derek found that Scarlett has bleeding on her brain which may be why she isn't waking up.

"So you're saying my fiancé could be brain dead" Alex says looking at Derek.

"I don't want to say it, but yes, even if she doesn't wake up we don't know how long she'll survive for"

"She can't die"

"We have to think about it Alex, I don't want to either but it might happen"

"Is there a chance she will survive, after this"

"It's a low percent"

"That's better then nothing isn't it"

"But Alex we have to look for other things, a brain bleed doesn't just come from a fall, she could have something else wrong"

"Like a tumour"

"Yes, where waiting for the scans but I promise when I find out, you'll be the first to know"

"Derek"

"Yeah"

"Please don't let her die"

"I'll try my hardest not to" the shepherd man says walking out.

"Hey you alright" Meredith asks.

"My best friend could die, I could kill her mer and that's something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life"

"You won't kill Scarlett, your a great neurosurgeon"

"I need her to survive, even if it's for a year, I need her to wake up"

when derek found out his best friend had bleeding on the brain he didnt know what to do, he wants to try everything in the books to save her life because he knows that he might not have that much longer with her and now its just the memories of her. He remembers when he found out she got shot, he wanted to find the man and kill him himself.

"hey, oh my god your ok" Mark says rushing to the man he calls his best friend, after he heard about Scarlett he just hoped Derek was ok.

"wheres scarlett, you two where meant to see me for the results"

"i sent her to you, you didnt tell me to come with"

"i would of if i knew that a shooter would come here and shoot the whole place, where is scar is she with alex"

"i dont know how to tell you this, i dont even know if i want to"

"What"

"she was shot, gary shot her, izzie found her in the stairwell in a pool of her own blood and now shes in the back of an ambulance with jackson on the way to seattle pres"

"what" Meredith says shocked.

"averys keeping me updated but where loosing her, she was shot twice and she has a bump the size of an egg on the back of her head, she almost died in jacksons freaking arms five minutes ago and alex is out of it, lexies trying to keep him alive till we can get out of here" the sloan man rants.

"shes going to survive right, she has to" Derek says.

"we dont know and now guess what i have to call addison and tell her, her sister got shot again"

"oh god" derek sighs holding onto the wall.

"derek she could die, she could die at this very freaking second, we dont know"

"she wont die, SHE WONT DIE"

"shh, do you want him to find us, none of us should even be out" meredith says.

"how would you feel if cristina or lexie got shot"

"huh wheres this coming from" the grey women she confused.

"youd feel dead inside, shes my best friend, shes dying and im not even there" derek says glaring at his wife.

"Derek she'll be ok" mark says trying to promise himself and the man.