chapter - 5

Flashback

Time skip to their childhood .

A few years ago.........

Two houses adjacent to each other lived two beautiful families: the Seghal family and the Dixit family.

The elders of the families, Raghu Ram and Veerendra, were childhood best friends and business partners who had faced many ups and downs together and stood with each other strongly .

Over time, the ladies of the two families, Sumitra and Meena, grew closer to each other .  They got to know eachother through their husbands but it was like they were long lost sisters who would give anything for eachother .

Amidst the chilly monsoon weather, as the black clouds gathered and the earth emitted its sweet aroma.
(the smell of the soil attracts many people do you guys love it?)
four adorable children - Naina, Sri, Arjun,  Arun played in the muddy garden , applying and teasing each other with playful smudges of mud.

*****************************

Time skip

Arun and Arjun both were in the fourth class while Naina and Sri were in the second class. Both Arun, Arjun were top students of their class, always achieving equal marks.

However, the revelation of the final exam results changed their friendship.

Arun scored 96%, whereas Arjun scored 94% . Anjan, a boy envious of Arun  Arjun's friendship, approached Arjun and said, "Look, you guys used to study together and get equal marks, but Arun got more marks than you in the finals."

Arjun responded, "I'm actually happy to see my friend for achieving those grades"

Anjan persisted, "Don't be happy. Look, even the teacher is praising him, not you. He said that he didn't write well, yet Arun got more marks than you. He is lying to you Arjun. He secretly studies and writes the exams well . On the other side , you are so innocent just believe him on his words ." Saying this anjan left from there smiling at the  success of his plan.

This led poor Arjun to believe that Arun had lied to him. But on the other hand his heart makes him feel that Arun never lies to him and it will be his foolishness to belive Anjan.

After the school Arun went to Arjun and gave a sweet hug , Arjun too responded to the hug but some where he thought that arun lied to him .

*****************************

Time skip .
After a few months .

One day, Arun got a call from his street mate Pradeep.

"Arun, did you wake up? We're having a cricket match today. You should come to the ground at 2:30."
"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming . After finishing my lunch, I'll be there with Arjun."

After the call Arun was in a hurry to complete his lunch as he has to go for the match . He was at the dining table,when  Arjun entered the Sehgal's home.

"Arun, Arun, hurry up and finish your lunch." Said Arjun
"Where are you guys going in the middle of the afternoon?" asked Sumitra with a confusion.

"Cricket match, aunty."
"No, you guys are not going. Look at the weather, the clouds are turning black. Rain will start pouring in minutes. I can't let you guys dwell in the rain . What if you guys catch cold ? No both of you are staying at home . " Said Sumitra.

This made both of them sad . Then Arun and Arjun, at the same time said "You know, ma, how much we love cricket."

Raghu entered the dining area saying, "Let them go, darling. They are kids  let them enjoy . Do you know, when we were kids, Veer and I used to play cricket in the hot summer and even in the rain. Those memories..."