Chapter 16

After the wonderful wolf ride that Jace had he knew the next activity for them to partake in when she has some spare time.

During the early hours of the morning Momoka and the rest of the sleeping palace would be asleep yet Jace found himself restless. He wanted to go spend time with Momoka and yet she would be sleeping for many more hours. He too was given time off which made it all the more difficult for him not to want to go see her. He wished that all of his Princely duties could be scheduled to when she was asleep.

In his impatience it was completely unfair.

He paced around his room unable to read anything as that required sitting still.

Lynn was his only solstice from his impatience. She came and sat with him in his room.

"Have you told her what time you plan on doing this?" Lynn said after watching him pace back and forth a few times.

"Yes of course," Jace said.

"Are you able to actually wait until then?" Lynn asked with a grin.

Jace bit his lip. "I'll just have to."

Lynn shook her head and went over to a table that had been overrun with books by a window. She began to move them, underneath was a chess board. "Come play with me, we will take your mind off it."

Jace huffed but he could see no other better way than to comply with the wishes of his sister.

Lynn beat him just about every time as his mind was elsewhere however as she had said it was a great way for him to pass the time until Momoka woke.

Lynn herself had to hurry off to a meeting about one of the businesses Jace wasn't completely sure what. He looked at himself in the mirror, making sure his hair wasn't out of place. As usual it wasn't, he tugged at one of the curls that framed his face, it bounced back into perfection.

With that it was time and he was rushing through the halls to greet Momoka as she left her room.

Momoka's voice was still a little dampened by sleep, "Oh Good morning Jace."

"Good morning, did you sleep?" He asked.

Momoka burst out laughing which took Jace by surprise. "I believe you meant to ask, did you sleep well?"

Jace frowned. "How does one sleep well?"

Momoka took his arm and he began to lead her. "I suppose if you sleep throughout the night without being woken up, if you sleep deeply, have good dreams and wake up well."

"That seems so fiddly and slightly dangerous," Jace mumbled.

"Oh yes I suppose you're right on both accounts, but it's important."

With a smile Jace said, "If you say so."

Yesterday Jace had told her to wear her warmest clothes, so she was all bundled up in a heavy coat with a thick scarf and gloves. She felt so bulky compared to Jace in his sleek coat. It was quite unfair how elegant he got to always look. Yet it was something she got to enjoy.

Jace led her down and across the palace, towards the mountains that were behind the palace. As he came to the door he asked, "Are you ready?"

She nodded. He opened the door and the harsh morning air rushed over them, she was lucky to still feel the warmth of Jace as they stepped outside in the frosty early morning winter air.

Jace's eyes lit the way as they walked toward the mountains. The rocky face of it was a short journey and the snow was nice and compacted under Momoka's boots, a satisfying crunch with every step forward.