-Chapter 10-

* Sienna's POV *

Every second that went by Sienna's anxiety went up little by little. She felt like a child as she sat in Ryder's car, not because of the child lock. Just the fact that she was defenseless, alone, and emotional.

Sienna stared at her hands that lay on her lap, thinking.

Sienna wanted to break his window and climb out, but she knew she couldn't.

The car alarm.

Accidentally cutting herself.

Him coming for her.

Or worse, him hurting her.

Sienna slumped in the leather car seat. She knew any of these outcomes would not bring any good. Even if she wanted to, something in her told her not to. Maybe her concussion, her sense of right or wrong.

Or maybe.

Just maybe.

Her sense of danger.

—————————————————————————
* Ryder's POV *

Ryder walked back into Sienna's house. He closed the front door behind him before running his hand through his hair and sighing.

Ryder knew what he did earlier wasn't necessary, but the Alpha in him didn't like being challenged. At that by his soon-to-be mate.

I don't understand why she can't just accept this already.

Before Ryder could fully collect his thoughts, Sienna's mother came rushing through the front door.

"Ryder! Dessert is ready." Sienna's mother said before looking behind him for her daughter.

"Where is Sienna?" Sienna's mother asked with a full face of curiosity and a hint of anxiety.

Ryder glared at Sienna's mother.

"We can't stay for dessert. I'm taking Sienna to my house." Ryder said with a flat tone.

Sienna's mother looked at Ryder anxiously.

"Already? But you just put her things in the car besides this dessert is her favorite." Sienna's mother said.

Remember she's your mother-in-law, don't snap.

"If you could put the dessert in a Tupperware that would be amazing. I wouldn't want Sienna missing out on her favorite dessert." Ryder said pushing his polite voice as best he could.

Sienna's mother began to think for a while, she knew Sienna did something and it probably wasn't a good thing.

"Alright, I'll have one of the maids bring you two Tupperware's of dessert. One for you and Sienna." Sienna's mother said with a smile, which masked her worry for her child. It's not like she could do anything, he's Sienna's now mate and a powerful Alpha.

"Thank you so much. It'll surely make Sienna happy." Ryder said still trying to be as polite as possible.

Sienna's mother nodded and slowly walked away to tell the maids to bring him a Tupperware.

This entire thing is ridiculous. Her face said everything, she knew Sienna had done something.

Ryder sighed.

Ryder could feel his annoyance growing and his patience thinning the longer he stood near the front door. He wanted to leave and be near Sienna. He didn't realize how much his wolf would feel anxious without her being next to him. He felt weird about the whole thing but one thing he did know was that he hated it.