20 | Old Friend

Arriving in Delhi, the Gujarat Titans team and their families settled into the bustling city. Dev had a highly anticipated meeting with her friend, the renowned fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee, to finalize her wedding outfits. Her sister Anaya flew in from Udaipur, and Shahneel, had also agreed to join them.

As Devanshi, Anaya, and Shahneel stepped out of their hotel, the city's vibrant energy was palpable. The sisters caught up on the latest updates as they made their way to Sabyasachi's studio.

"Dev, I can't believe the wedding is so close!" Anaya exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I've finalized all my fits too!"

Shahneel chimed in, "I'm done too, and I think mom and dad also have their clothes finalized."

Arriving at the elegant studio, they were warmly welcomed by Sabyasachi himself. "Devanshi, welcome!" Sabyasachi greeted them, ushering them inside.

"Hey. How're you doing?" Dev shared a hug with her friend. "You know Anaya, my little sister and this is my to-be sister in law, Shahneel."

"It's wonderful to see you all."

The studio was a treasure trove of luxurious fabrics, intricate embroidery, and dazzling designs. Devanshi felt a surge of excitement as she handed over her portfolio of sketches.

"These are the designs I've been working on," she explained. "I know its on short notice but can you please get this done for me before 20th of may? So we have time for alternations."

Sabyasachi carefully examined the sketches, his eyes lighting up with appreciation. "These are stunning, Devanshi. Of course, Anything for you. Let me show you some of my archived pieces that might complement your vision beautifully."

He led them to a section of the studio where he kept his archived masterpieces.

"These are incredible," Shahneel said, running her fingers over a richly embroidered lehenga. "I can't believe how beautiful they are."

Anaya nodded in agreement. "Dev, you're going to look amazing in any of these."

"They're all breathtaking, we can do this one for the reception, I guess." Devanshi said, her eyes wide with admiration. "And I also want to add a personal touch to my kaleras. Can we customize them?"

"Of course," Sabyasachi replied. "Anything specific you have in mind?"

Devanshi thought for a moment before responding. "If we could add both of our inital 'D&S' and also Shubman's jersey no. 77."

"That sounds wonderful," Sabyasachi said, nodding. "We can definitely make that happen. Let's sit down and go over the details."

As they discussed the designs, Devanshi felt a sense of peace settle over her. Despite the challenges with Shubman, the wedding planning was something she could control, something that brought her joy. Anaya's presence added a layer of comfort, her supportive comments and infectious enthusiasm making the process even more enjoyable.

"Do you have any specific ideas for the sangeet outfit?" Shahneel asked, flipping through the sketches.

"Yes," Devanshi said, pointing to one of the designs. "I was thinking something glam and chic. What do you think, Sabya?"

He examined the sketch and smiled. "This is perfect for the sangeet. I can add some more embellishments to give it that extra sparkle."

Anaya clapped her hands in excitement. "I can't wait to see everything come together."

As they finalized the details, Sabyasachi's team took measurements and notes, ensuring every aspect was meticulously planned. Devanshi felt a wave of gratitude for the support and love surrounding her.