4 | Shaadi

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Aashika is getting married today. I wasn't still able to believe it. Eighteen years have passed so fast. The first time I met her, She was a new girl in our school and our teacher wanted me to make her comfortable. Since then she's been my rock few years later we became friends with Manya in grade eighth.

I hugged Manya on the bed and returned it as affectionately, "It's unbelievable, Manny. Aashi is getting married. And for real."

She rubbed her palm on my hand. "Mat rula behen." She got up and made her way to the bathroom. The wedding procession was to start in two hours and we didn't even start getting ready. We also had to help Aashi.

I wore my powder blue lehenga, styled with a pearl necklace, earrings and bracelet. As soon as I and Manya finished getting ready, we went to Aashika's rescue.

She was in her wedding lehenga, pink and silver with purple embellishments. "Hi barbie!" I hugged her from behind and pecked her head. She was in her lehenga with her makeup on and her hair almost done.

The hair dresser made me a hairstyle. A simple crown braid backwards, letting my hair flow down. "Thank you."

After we were done, we helped put the chunni over her head. Her cousins came over and awed at their sister. Aashi's brothers took her to the mandap.

As she walked down the aisle, Kudmayi played in the background.

Salma Sitaaron Wali
Shagna Di Shab Aayi Re
Banno Se Banne Ki
Milne Ki Jo Root Layi Re

Tarun's overwhelmed express was everything. Both of them excited to get hitched. Aashi wanted me to do the gathbandhan as she didn't have a real sibling.

As the wedding procession started tears formed in my eyes. Shubman stood next to me and passed his handkerchief. "Kuch zyada hi filmy nahi ho rahe aap?" I accepted it and dabbed my eyes with it. The pheras were completed and they sat down.

"Ye to abhi kuch nahi hai. Aur aapne bhi kal barabar ki takkar di thi." He implied on my surprise dance performance. Blush crept my cheeks as if I hadn't put it on, making me flushed and hot.

And in a blink, Aashika Rai was officially Aashika Jaiswal. She came and hugged me. I turned to Tarun and said, "Bhai kuch gadba mat karna. Consequences will be bad." I looked over at Aashika. "Bohot maregi ye." I gave him a hug, He chuckled and hugged me back.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

3rd person's pov

The wedding ended by 9 and after the dinner, the youngsters had a secret after-party. They went down at the beach bar in different clothing. Devanshi changed into a blue shimmer bodycon dress that ended up above knees. Her hair went crazy; puffed and curly and she didn't had time to manage it.

Techno music took turns with the sound of waves clashing. During the party, Devanshi's gaze wandered to a figure silhouetted against the moonlit shore. Drawn by an irresistible impulse, she made her way through the mob of dancers until she stood before him, a coy smile playing upon her lips.

"Care to join me for a dance?" she ventured, extending her hand in invitation.

Shubman's eyes crinkled with amusement as he accepted her offer, "I would be delighted, Your Highness."

Devanshi's heart fluttered at his playful words, her pulse quickening with each step they took upon the sandy expanse. As they twirled together, a palpable energy crackled between them, igniting a fire that burned with a fervor she had never known.

"You're quite the dancer," he remarked, his gaze lingering upon her with a warmth that sent shivers down her spine.

"As are you," Devanshi replied, "Mr. Gill" His smile was enigmatic, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Devanshi," Shubman began, his voice tinged with curiosity. "Would you like to have a drink?"

"Sure." She answered and they made their way to the bar. "Jalapeño Margarita." She ordered and nudged Shubman to give in his.

"Manhattan." He looked at Devanshi's impressed expression. "Neat.

"Devanshi, the sea is enchanting, isn't it." Shubman remarked, his voice tinged with a note of apprehension. They were on Morjim Beach, which during the season had bioluminescence planktons lighting the water up.

Devanshi nodded in agreement, her brow furrowing slightly as she glanced around the dimly lit shoreline. "Indeed. And please call me Dev."

Before he could respond, the bartender approached bearing a tray laden with glasses of their ordered drinks. With a polite nod, he offered them each a glass.

Devanshi accepted the proffered drink with a grateful smile, her fingers brushing against Shubman's in a silent gesture of solidarity. Yet, as she brought the glass to her lips, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over her, sending her senses reeling in a whirlwind of confusion.

"Shubman, something's not right," she gasped, her voice tinged with panic as the world spun around her in a dizzying blur.

Shubman's eyes widened in alarm, his hand reaching out to her. "Dev, are you alright?" he exclaimed, his voice laced with concern.

Before Devanshi could respond, a wave of nausea surged through her. She felt hot and uneasy. She shook her head and continued the conversation with him.

To get rid of the nervousness, Shubman gulped his hard drink in one go, letting the liquor burn in his throat.

Gradually a potent surge of desire coursed through their veins, igniting a fiery passion that consumed their senses in a heady rush of longing and lust.

"Shubman," Devanshi breathed, her voice a husky whisper as she leaned in, her fingers tracing the contours of his jaw with a feather-light touch.

"We shouldn't-."

He was cut off by her, "Do you want to?" She had an sensual unsurety in her voice.

Shubman's breath hitched at her words, his resolve crumbling beneath the weight of his own desire as he pulled her closer, his lips capturing hers in a searing kiss that ignited a firestorm of passion between them.

"Stop! I can't- Devanshi. We shouldn't!" He ran away, without a word. Devanshi was puzzled she felt nauseous because of the croud, lights sea, basically everything.

"Aashi, I'm not feeling good. I'll just go back to my hotel room." Aashika kissed her cheek and let her go.

Entering the hotel room, Devanshi passed out the moment she hit the bed.