16 | GT vs RR

As the excitement built for the upcoming match between the Gujarat Titans and the Royal Rajasthan, Devanshi, Anaya, Padmanabh, and Gauravi eagerly prepared to head to the stadium together. Dressed in pink, Gauravi and Anaya, they joked and teased Devanshi about who she would be supporting.

"Come on, Dev! Are you rooting for Jiju's team or your our team?" Gauravi teased, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

Devanshi laughed, adjusting her lavender top. "I'm staying neutral, of course! See, blue plus pink." She pointed at her outfit.

Anaya chimed in with a grin. "Oh, come on, Dev! We all know where your loyalty lies."

Padmanabh, always one to stir up trouble, added fuel to the fire. "I bet she'll be secretly cheering for the Gujarat Titans. After all, she's engaged to their captain!"

Devanshi rolled her eyes playfully at her cousin's antics. "Let's just enjoy the match, shall we?"

As they made their way to the stadium, the atmosphere was electric with anticipation. The roar of the crowd filled the air as they took their seats, eagerly awaiting the start of the game.

Meanwhile, Padmanabh arrived early at the stadium and spotted Shubman, the captain of the Gujarat Titans, warming up on the field. With a grin, he made his way over to greet his future brother-in-law.

"Hey, Shubman! Ready for the big game?" Padmanabh called out, a playful smirk on his face.

Shubman looked up, his face breaking into a smile at the sight of Padmanabh. "Pacho! Always good to see you. Yeah, I'm pumped for tonight's match."

As they chatted, someone from the Gujarat Titans' social media team snapped a photo of the two men embracing in a friendly hug. Without a second thought, they posted it on the team's official Instagram account, captioning it, "Kaptaan Royalizing."

As the match got underway, Devanshi couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement coursing through her veins.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Before the second inning of the match began, it started raining. As it simmered down, Dev's heart raced with anticipation as Shubman stepped onto the field as an opener. She crossed her fingers, her eyes glued to the field, hoping for an outstanding performance from her fiancé.

"Come on, Shubman! You've got this," she whispered under her breath, her nerves tingling with excitement.

As the match progressed, the tension in the stadium mounted with each passing ball. The crowd erupted into cheers as Shubman smashed a few sixes and fours, sending the ball soaring into the stands.

But just as it seemed like Shubman was on the verge of a half century, dark clouds gathered overhead, and rain began to fall, bringing the match to a sudden halt.

"Oh no, not rain!" Devanshi groaned, frustration evident in her voice as she watched helplessly from the stands. Dev never had a liking for rains, and she absolutely hated storms.

As the players retreated to the pavilion, Devanshi anxiously waited for the rain to stop. Minutes felt like hours as she nervously checked her phone for updates, praying for the rain to relent.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the rain subsided, and the match resumed. Devanshi's heart pounded in her chest as Shubman stepped back onto the field, ready to resume his innings.

With renewed determination, Shubman swung his bat with precision, unleashing a flurry of powerful shots that sent the ball flying across the field. Devanshi watched in awe as her fiancé displayed his skill and talent, inching closer to his century with each run.