"I thought Sir knew about the new proposal. Evanna Ma'am came in the morning and said that the strategy plan was changed by Sir and it should be mailed to Mr. Simon."
Conner explained hesitantly.

"Evanna told that to you?"
Alan's voice darkened, causing Conner to gulp nervously.

Alan gritted his teeth as a flashback from yesterday flashed in his mind.

Flashback Starts

As Alan was engrossed in reviewing important documents for the project, Evanna breezed into his office. Without so much as a knock, she proceeded to peruse the papers scattered across his desk.

"Alan, I was thinking-"
Evanna began, her tone casual as she plucked a document from the pile and scanned its contents.
"-Have you considered incorporating some new marketing strategies for this project?"

Alan looked up from his work, his brow furrowing in surprise at her sudden intrusion.
"Evanna, I appreciate your input, but I already have a solid plan in place."
He replied, attempting to maintain his composure and indirectly telling her to stop her interference.

However, not getting his point Evanna pressed on.
"But what if we explore alternative approaches?"
She suggested, her fingers tracing over the text on the document in her hand.
"I believe we could achieve even greater success if we think outside the box."

Alan sighed inwardly, frustration bubbling beneath the surface as he struggled to focus on the task at hand. While he valued Evanna's opinion, her insistence on meddling in his business affairs was beginning to wear thin. With a forced smile, he attempted to placate her.

"Evanna, I admire your enthusiasm, but I need to focus on the current strategy."
He explained, hoping to gently redirect her attention away from his work.
"Perhaps we can discuss new ideas at a later time."

Despite Alan's attempts to end the conversation, Evanna remained steadfast in her convictions. Later that day, when Alan was occupied with other matters, Evanna took it upon herself to make significant changes to the strategy plan without consulting him.

Unaware of Evanna's actions, Alan continued to trust in the original plan he had meticulously crafted until the call from Mr. Simon came this morning.

Flashback ends

Just then Evanna came into the room making all the heads turn towards her.
“Alan, I think this document-”
Seeing everyone looking at her, innocently she inquired,
“Were you guys discussing something important?”

Alan fisted his hand tightly as he questioned Evanna in a rough tone.
“Did you alter the strategy proposal?”

“Oh, that! Yeah, I remade the proposal.”
Evanna shrugged nonchalantly, oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
"Why? Did Mr. Simon call you? He liked the new one more, right? I told you he’ll love it—"

Alan's patience snapped like a brittle twig, his anger boiling over.
"Do you have any freaking idea what a mess you have created for me?"
He bellowed, his voice reverberating through the room.
"Because of your stubbornness and stupidity, I have lost the partnership along with the project!"

Evanna recoiled at the intensity of Alan's outburst, her disbelief evident in her wide eyes.
"Did you…did you just yell at me?"
She stammered, her voice tinged with shock.

"Yes. I did!"
Alan's response was sharp and unyielding, his gaze unwavering as he continued to glare at her.

Never before had Evanna experienced such a tirade of anger directed at her.