T W O

°°°

°°°

"Unrequited love,
A solitary ride,
Leaves nothing
But teardrops in its wake,
Seemingly foolish,
Yet intertwined,
In the one-sided love,
Our hearts are mute."

°°°

Upon receiving the unexpected news of her impending marriage from her friend, a storm of fury swelled within Evanna's chest. She couldn't fathom why her own family had kept her in the dark, while the world seemed to already know her fate. Her anger ignited like a wildfire, consuming her reason.

In a blaze of indignation, she stormed out, her steps heavy with resolve, and made her way to Lawson House, her heart pounding like a war drum. She was determined to confront her father, to demand an explanation for this revelation that had shaken her world to its core.

As Evanna stormed into Lawson House, a tempest of anger churned within her. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she witnessed Alan stepping out of her father's study room. The sight of him only intensified her fury, and she could no longer contain her emotions.

"You!"
Her voice quivered with a potent mix of accusation and rage.
"You manipulated Dad into arranging this marriage, didn't you?"

Alan appeared genuinely taken aback by the sudden confrontation. "Evanna, I swear I had no idea about this. Your father didn't-"

She vehemently cut him off, refusing to believe his words.
"Don't lie to me, Alan. I know you, and I know your charm. Did you sweet-talk your way into this?"

Alan sighed, his expression sincere. "Evanna, I promise you, I had no part in this. I wouldn't-"

But she wouldn't let him finish.
"Just shut up!"
She yelled, her voice echoing through the hallway.
"I thought I could be civil with you after all these years, but I was wrong. You were always the opportunist!"

She took a step closer, her anger reaching a fever pitch.
"How dare you even think of marrying me? Just because you have got a company of your own, did you forget your place? Don't forget that the mere company of yours would have never established in the first place if my dad didn't invest in it."
Her voice dripped with disdain, her words a searing indictment.

The atmosphere in the hallway was charged with tension as Evanna and Alan locked eyes. Their gazes bore into each other. Evanna's chest heaved with frustration, her fists clenched at her sides, while Alan's brows furrowed in a mix of confusion and hurt.

"I can't believe you're reducing this to a matter of status, Evanna,"
Alan finally replied, his voice tinged with disappointment.
"You know me better than that. I've never seen you as a status symbol or an opportunity."