T H R E E

°°°

°°°

"In wedlock's grip, two hearts collide,
Reluctant souls on this fateful ride.

Bound by duty, not love's sweet flame,

In marriage's shadow, they bear the name.
Their path uncertain, hearts aflame."

°°°

Draped in the beautiful white bridal gown, Evanna stood like a melancholy queen in a cage. The dress was designed by a renowned fashion house and crafted with meticulous attention to detail. It had an extravagant lace bodice that sparkled with tiny pearls and jewels and flowed into a full ball gown skirt that seemed to stretch on forever. The dress's stunning long train, which stretched behind her like a silken river, was featured on the back. Her veil, which was covered with beautiful lace and beadwork, engulfed her like a hazy cloud. However, there was no joy in her eyes beneath the layers of bridal opulence.

Evanna's mood was a whirlwind of sadness and turmoil. She could feel the burden of an unwelcome union pressing down on her shoulders as she observed herself in the mirror. Her eyes revealed the depths of her inner turmoil. In her heart, she longed for an escape from this loveless marriage, but the circumstances left her with no choice.

As the hours ticked away towards the ceremony, she couldn't help but reflect on the sacrifices she was making. She couldn't bear the thought of being disowned by her father or giving up her hard-fought journey to the CEO position in the family company. It was the weight of her responsibilities and the looming consequence of defiance that held her captive in a life she never desired.

Amidst her contemplation, the door gently creaked open, and Evanna's eyes rose to meet her father, Martin, who had entered the room with a soft, loving expression. His presence was a stark contrast to the turmoil in her heart. He approached her slowly, his face a mixture of pride, hope, and the unconditional love that only a father could offer.

"Eva,"
He began, his voice soft and reassuring,
"My princess, you look beautiful in that dress."

"Don't!"
Evanna rudely cut him off. Her gloomy mood had become a storm of frustration, and she didn't want her father's comforting words. She had agreed to this marriage under duress, and no amount of praise for her appearance could change her unwillingness to marry Alan.

Martin paused, hurt by his daughter's reaction but understanding the source of her anger. He couldn't change the circumstances, but he still hoped to see a smile on her face.

"Eva, are you still angry at me, princess?"
He sat beside her and gently took her hand in his.
"I know it's hard, but you need to trust me, my daughter. Alan is the best partner for you."