Jealousy, Jealously

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" he asked me, voice husky. I played with my fingers before blurting out, "I'm sorry for what America said earlier! He doesn't mean it. And...I'm sorry for bringing you there. I just thought–"

"Please don't be sorry for what America did. It's his own fault and...I get why you brought me over. I know, you need the procedure to happen soon. I know, your nightmares have been getting worse, so don't apologise. It's my fault I have a poor reputation," Germany swallowed several times and I could tell that the last remark about himself had hit a nerve. I sat, silent, as he played around with his food. Before I knew it, the bell had rung and lunch was over. He hadn't eaten a thing and neither had I. Taking his tray, he muttered something about seeing me later before disappearing. I sighed and headed out of the dining hall.

When I exited, I saw Ame leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets. "There you are! I've been waiting for you. C'mon, let's go for class," he started to walk before I stopped him. He turned around to face me, confused. "Why were you so mean to Germany? He didn't do anything wrong," I looked at him as he sighed loudly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Isn't it clear? The same reason as to why you hate him," Ame looked at me, worry clouding his eyes, "Did that asshole do something to you? Is that why you're so concerned? If I say something he might harm you?" My eyes widened as I shook my head wildly.

"No! He didn't do that! Why on earth would you–that's not the point! Look, I still hate Germany but at least I don't go about making horrible comments about him!" it was only after I said this that I realised that on the first day when we arrived, I had actually been very mean to him. Small matter right now. And Ame doesn't need to know that. Ame looked at me, shaking his head. "He did something, didn't he? Come on, tell me Poland. I'm not letting that son of a bitch harm you!" he exclaimed, holding me firmly by the shoulders. Something in me snapped at that moment. Twisting myself out of his grasps, I glared at him.

"Do I look weak to you?"

"Poland–"

"Look, I can take care of myself perfectly fine! Germany didn't harm me! Stop making things up just because you want to be the hero! I don't need you!" I snapped. Ame looked at me in shock, his hands clenching and unclenching. I glared at him one last time before turning away. I heard him running after me, calling for me but I ignored him. Self-centred bastard.

*

By the time my classes ended, my sour mood had been replaced with burning regret. Why did I say that? I was about to cry from the frustration. Germany had been quiet the whole time throughout our classes although I did notice Russia getting really chummy with him. Had one been looking carefully, they would have noticed his stone cold face frowning ever so slightly. So Canada was right huh...

I continued to observe them until I noticed Germany glaring at me ever so slightly. What are you looking at? Making an apologetic face, I turned back and gasped when I saw Ame, glaring daggers at the duo. Looking down, he blinked at me before saying, "Do you have a moment? I wanted to talk to you earlier but you kept ignoring me."

I nodded just as Germany yelled, "Stop it already!" A dull thud. I looked at them, surprised to see Russia on the ground, rubbing his head. Germany's glare was terrifying as he grabbed his bag before storming out. Ame watched him with a strange look as he stormed out of the classroom. I looked at Russia, wondering if I should help him or not. He looked at me, snarling, "What are you looking at? Ugh, Почему меня окружают ублюдки!" He grabbed his bag and fallen ushanka before he stomped out of the room.

"Looks like someone decided to Mr Stamp-About today," Ame commented as soon as Russia left. I nodded, smiling a little bit. "Come on, let's go now. I'll walk you to the infirmary. You have something on with Nurse WHO right? We can talk and walk," he told me. I agreed and we headed out of the classroom.