005. back from the dead

v

v.       back from the dead ྀིྀིྀིྀིྀི
──────────────────────────

"I can't do this."

Tim was stood in the aisle of the Church, staring at the statues and the lit candles placed orderly at the altar. Celia gestured toward the boy encouragingly and lightly shoved Davina.

"Hey, Tim. I got your note." She waved awkwardly.

"I got your text message."

The girl smiled, "Thanks for meeting me here."

"Uh, it's so amazing to see you—I can't even believe I'm standing here right now. I just..." He sighed, "Wow."

The woman could not stand watching the awkward teenage interaction, forcing herself not to cringe. So, she decided to explore the rest of what the abandoned building had to offer.

"Where are you going?" Cami asked.

"I don't know, actually. Keep an eye on her for me, will you?"

The blonde smiled, nodding before she sat in one of the back rows.

Meanwhile, Celia had discovered a stairwell. Curiously, the brunette made her way up it to find that it led to the upper part of the Church. She continued to walk around until she found herself nearing the entrance of a familiar room.

There lay the same coffin, untouched. With the original brother lying peacefully in it. She shocked herself slightly, forgetting that he was still in there.

The heretic entered and lowered herself next to the coffin, studying him. Every detail, vein and prominent feature. A face waiting to be graced with some form of life and emotion once again.

But she leaned closer as she realised that he looked slightly less dead than usual. To test her theory, she hovered her hands gently over his face, waiting to see an orange glow.

As expected, the bright hue surfaced on his cheeks. She tilted her head in confusion. Though, she couldn't prove that this meant anything, her intuition told her something was off. Before she could come to a conclusion, Celia was soon shaken out of thought by the loud entrance of a particular man that she'd been meaning to see again.

"You two are absolutely adorable!" The hybrid announced.

"Warms my heart, it really does. But, I do need a word with the young lady. So, Tim–" He grabbed the boy's shoulders and compelled, " Go sit down. Count to one-hundred-thousand."