003. familiar faces

iii

iii.     familiar faces ྀིྀིྀིྀིྀི
───────────────────────────

MORNING SUN dominated the compound where Celia and her brother resided. Inside, Marcel was being fitted for a suit by a tailor with Thierry waiting by his side. Celia wasn't too bothered by this but was still irritated with the vampire.

The brunette came barging in to the room, acting as though Thierry wasn't there. Her long charcoal locks were now pinned up into hair rollers and her body hugged by a soft white robe.

She stood glaring at her brother before he finally turned to look in the mirror.

"Damn, I do look good in a suit." Marcel then turned to face Celia who looked unimpressed, "What do you think, C?"

"Not bad, Steve Harvey." She replied, "But I didn't come all the way upstairs to judge your painfully mediocre suit."

His smile dropped at Celia's sarcastic comparison, "What's got you in a ratty mood?"

"You."

"Don't tell me you're still mad about that daggered Mikaelson."

The heretic raised a suggestive eyebrow in response, "You didn't tell me. Actually, you don't tell me anything!"

"No, no. How about you tell me something?" He retorted as he began stepping down from the platform.

"You're around for what... a week? And all of a sudden my vampires are disappearing and my witches are being attacked left, right and centre. You tell me how that's happening?"

"Don't blame me for your lack of order." Celia snapped, stepping forward.

Thierry thought it would be a good idea to briefly interrupt before things got further out of hand, "Sorry, one thing-- I sent four nightwalkers to look into a werewolf sighting in the Quarter. I haven't heard from them since."

Celia slightly panicked upon hearing this new information, she knew that it would just prove his point further.

"Great. That makes ten dead nightwalkers in the last week." Marcel sighed, " You think the werewolves are back in town trying to start some trouble?"

"Oh please, the werewolves aren't the problem here." She scoffed.

"You're starting to get on my nerves." The older vampire warned.