[12] are there still beautiful things?

Comincia dall'inizio

"Well, me and Maggie have been talking and we think this place could benefit from some nurtured gardens. We've never had anyone round here with much of a green thumb but between her work on her farm and your florist career, I think you can both really care for the crops we grow."

Relief washed over her body. Unable to control her smile, she beamed at the woman and nodded. "I'd love to." In truth, she had missed taking care of her plants. She was grateful to get back to it.

"Excellent." Deanna grinned and stood. "I'll see you around, Danica."

"Deanna?" She stopped her before she walked too far. "You can call me Dani." She smiled softly.

Nodding gently, the woman walked away, replaced quickly by Tara who had been waiting to the side.

"Everything okay?" She asked, offering a hand that Dani gratefully took.

"I'm a gardener." She smiled. Tara beamed and opened her arms that Dani jumped into, her excitement a refreshing change from how off she had been since Terminus. Tara held her close, taking in the scent of strawberries as she thrived under her warmth and the feeling of their bodies pressed together.

"I told you so." She muttered, her face over Dani's shoulder.

The woman grinned and shook her head before pulling back. "Shut up." She said.

"You shut up."

Back at the house, after Rick had left, Lucia had sat opposite Daryl, her brow raised.

"There a reason you're being all anti-social?" She asked.

"When was I considered social?" He said, chewing on his bottom lip.

"Fair enough." She looked out at the clear streets, the sun bringing a smile to her face.

"Ya like it here?" Daryl asked, his brow raised.

"I do. I think it could be good for us. Do you?"

"Don't matter. As long as you and the others are happy."

Lucia passed him the rag as he gestured for it, a soft smile on her face. "You know, Daryl, I think you act scarier than you are."

"That right?"

"Mhm. I think you don't want people to realise you're actually a softie."

He paused his movements. "I ain't soft."

"Sure, you're not."

Daryl shook his head with a grunt, clearly having had enough of this discussion. A silence fell over the two and Lucia sighed to fill it. "You wanna explore with me?"

"Nah. I'll stay here." He told her, his eyes remaining on the floor.

"If you're sure." She descended the porch steps, making her way down the street. Following the route of Rosita, she patted Dani's arm as she passed, on her way to find Michonne.

Dani observed a canvas in a garage. The painting had only just begun, but she could just about make out the faint sketch in pencil.