Maia looks over, her eyes connecting with Paiges for a second before I see her look at me. Her eyes staying in my direction despite responding to Paige.

"Yup I did, you were in that class too right I think? Near the back."

"Yup. It's good to see you again."

"Likewise." The girl says with a smile and I can hear Paige quietly cough next to me.

Definitely asking about that later

Maia suddenly nudges the girl next to hear, making her step forward.

"Oh uh, shoot I didn't know I needed an introduction to?" Alyssa looks towards Geno who just shrugs with a nod towards us. "Uh, shoot alright then. Hey everyone. I'm Alyssa Knight but I'm guessing you guys knew that alright." She motions towards a smiling KK.

"I'm 20, well I will be like in a month. But yeah, I'm a freshmen here and I'm playing both volleyball and softball for Uconn. If any of you are thinking how I'm turning 20 my freshmen year well I started school later than usual because of my birth month and I also took a gap year between college and highschool to play with a semi-pro volleyball team over in Europe."

The team let's out mumers of slight amazement at that, which makes the tall girl blush a little. The action made her look cute.

Wait what?

"But um yeah, I'm also Maia's roomate and best friend so if I'm not at practice or at my games I'll probably be helping her around here or getting dragged here by her anyways haha. I also played basketball with her when I was little so I have some understanding of the sport." She ends, rubbing the back of her neck before backing away, her eyes catching mine.

I give her a small smile and wave to which she returns. I can hear Paige snickering next to me as my cheeks grow faintly warm.

"Shut it Bueckers."

"I didn't say anything."

The rest of the team introduces theirs elves before our practice starts.

__________________

"Nika, can you please talk to your friend over there? I don't think she would know how to defend today if it was programed into her." Geno jokes, however making the blonde run suicides for each failed attempt she tried to guard Azzi.

"You got it." I answer back with a laugh before walking over as the drill had ended, tilting my head towards my friend. "So what's up with you? You're never off like this. Not even when you came back from not playing from your ACL.

Paige looks around as the girls chatter, bringing me slightly alway from the team as we continue on our water break.

"Remember the I met at the party sophomore year, drunkenly made out with and then couldn't work up the courage to talk to her after?"

I remember her telling the story vaguely, but she never spoke about it too much.

"Yeah...?"

"Well that same girl was a redhead who happened to be in my psychology class last year... And also is now our social media manager." She whispers harshly, ending the sentence with a grip on my shoulder. The pain not even registering as her grip tightened because I was dying with laughter by the time she was done.

"What the hell is so funny? Nika shut up people are looking at us!" Paige panics before putting her hand over my mouth which I instantly lick to make her let to. The blonde does but not before pouting at me.

I try to stop laughing which semi-works, the cackles turning into small giggles.

"Sorry.. Actually not really but now I know why you were having a coughing fit when Maia was introducing herself." I grin at the blushing girl infront of me.