"You guys are tall fucks, I know you need the leg room, you can get in the passengers."

Jake and I's eyes meet before we begin to laugh, Maia rolling her eyes and disappearing into the car. I drop my backpack on the floor of the passengers seat before getting into the car, still giggling to myself.

"Thanks Maia." A pause as Jake closes my door for me before heading to the drivers seat, entering the car himself. "And thank you too Mr. Iverson" I tease.

Jake smirks, grabbing sunglasses from the center console and putting them on. The male giving a finger salute before reversing out of the spot and beginning to drive towards our University. "Of course M'ladies." He looks into the rearview mirror, looking towards his sister.

"And from what you said before, your welcome. You know I got you guys whenever I can help." He nods, both hands on the steering wheel. I take the chance to look over the male. He was definitely attractive, I could see why he had girls after him left and right, but he was like an older brother to me which always knocked off any attraction I may have ever felt towards him.

Jake Iverson, Maia Parker's older step-brother and a Connecticut Native. When her mother and father separated when she was small, on good terms thankfully, her father had moved to Connecticut and remarried a few years after, welcoming both Jake and Maia's half sister Mary to the family. Despite this, all big birthdays, family reunions and all other celebrations you could think of that weren't very minor, Jake and his family would fly down to California and celebrate with us.

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that earlier huh? Maia and I are from Los Angeles, California. When we were younger Maia had a dream in becoming a Hollywood actor, that switched pretty quick.

"Also helps that your guys school is less than 20 minutes from home." Jake laughs, the 25 year old turning his blinker on as he switches lanes.

"And the fact that Dad's losing his shit that he'll be able to watch Lyz's games consistently in person again." Maia laughs, her family was like my second family and definitely helped me feel more comfortable in the new area. Maia's dad used to always watch and support my games when I was about ten, before he and Maia's mom divorced, however even then he would fly back on and off to catch at least a game a year. I loved him for it.

You see the case of Maia's dad and mom separating wasn't because of cheating or abusive relationships. It was just one of where the two had realized they made better friends than a couple.

"The Iverson express is coming to an end. Hope both Miss Parker and Miss Knight had a safe and pleasurable ride."

"Dork." Maia leans up the center console, hitting Jake's shoulder before opening her door and getting out. Jake feigns hurt, rubbing his shoulder before looking at me with a chuckle. We both follow in his sisters steps, opening our own doors and stepping out.

"Do you guys want help?" He nods towards my luggage and I shake my head as Maia waves him off.

"We got it from here. Thanks Jake." He nods again, waving before getting back into his car, preparing to pull off before rolling his window down.

"Oh yeah, send me your volleyball schedule whenever you guys get it, Knight!" He slightly yells over the sound of the engine and I nod, giving him a thumbs up as he drives off. The athletes always tended to get the schedule a week or two before it was actually uploaded to the schools website.

"I forget how nice he is when he wants to be." Maia rolls her eyes with a grumble, "Only when you're around I swear."

"Don't hate the player, hate the game." I shoot back as we make our way into the newer apartment. Maia had been staying here for about a month already, leading to some decorations and such already being up, definitely better than arriving to a baren home.