Part 4; Past

"I get reckless, I'm obsessive, I'm pathetic and possessive.

You're so sure it makes me insecure.

I'm sorry if I get protective. Need these boys to get the message.

You know I'm yours, I know you're mine.

Everybody wants a piece of you."

Piece Of You by Shawn Mendes.

Debby sighed in disappointment at her inability to be firm with herself. She was now questioning her decision to accept Rey as her boyfriend. Debby felt guilty for accepting Rey out of pity, yet she couldn't firmly reject him either because she didn't want to hurt Rey's feelings.

Reynaldi Barata... the man who had been her friend since they were five years old. A loyal companion who had always been by her side until now. They supported and accompanied each other when needed.

They had known each other for ten years now. Currently, they were fifteen years old and about to embark on a new chapter as high school students.

Having a boyfriend was indeed on Debby's list. But making Reynaldi her boyfriend was clearly beyond Debby's expectations. Who would have thought that the quiet man who had been her friend all this time actually liked her?

Initially, Debby was worried about their new status. She feared that their relationship status would make everything complicated and awkward-and Debby didn't want that. Fortunately, it was just an unfounded worry because the next day, Rey acted as usual.

Everything felt the same except for their status and... a few endearing nicknames and sweet words from Rey-which always made Debby's cheeks blush.

Was it true that Rey had never dated before? Considering how well he understood women, honestly made Debby question Rey's claim that she was his first girlfriend.

One year had passed as a couple. For those who knew and followed their story from childhood friends to becoming a couple, it sounded very romantic.

Although initially Debby accepted Rey out of pity, over time, she began to like him. Just as she had resolved before, she would learn to like and love Rey. And Debby could also see that Rey was starting to learn to love himself. Seeing the positive changes for both of them made Debby feel grateful that her choice was the right one.

During their one year of love with Debby, Rey had never been disrespectful to her. He always asked for Debby's permission before kissing her lips. Rey also never got angry when Debby did annoying things like disturbing his morning sleep on holidays to exercise at Bundaran HI. (Bundaran HI (Selamat Datang Monument) is a striking landmark that dominates Jakarta's skyline. It's also a popular social gathering point. Everyone can visit this attraction on a Sunday for the Car-Free Day.)

Rey's understanding and caring nature clearly made Debby fall more in love with him every day. She didn't care about Tamara's comments, Debby's classmate who said their relationship was too peaceful.

Although deep down in her heart, Debby was curious about it. She wanted to know what Rey, who was always calm, would be like when angry. She also wondered what it would feel like to argue in a relationship.

No. Debby shook her head. She shouldn't think about such negative things. The reason why she and Rey never argued might be because they had known each other for too long. So, they had a high level of tolerance for each other.