Part 1; Present

Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️❤️

======================================

"Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind.

Got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite."

Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato.

"What's with the crying?"

Debby turned and found a handsome man looking at her with a questioning gaze. Despite appearing intoxicated, she could tell that the man before her was very handsome—at least to Debby. With the remaining awareness she had, Debby carefully studied the handsome man's face. His firm jawline, his pointed nose, his sharp eyes, and his thick black hair; he looked like the handsome models Debby often saw in magazines.

"Like what you see, beautiful?"

Hearing the question from the man instantly made Debby blush. Debby blinked her eyes and averted her gaze from his face. "S-sorry," she stuttered.

The man chuckled softly at Debby's slightly stuttered apology. Hearing his laughter, which sounded pleasant to Debby's ears, made her unconsciously bite her lower lip.

"No problem," he replied, which was met with a nod from Debby. "I'm Rey." The man extended his right hand towards Debby, inviting her to introduce herself.

For the first time, a handsome man initiating the introduction made Debby feel a bit nervous. Clearing her throat, Debby accepted his handshake and responded, "Debby."

"So, what's with the crying?" Rey repeated his question.

Debby took a long breath and glanced at the dance floor, which now resembled a sea of people. His question prompted Debby to revisit the events of a few hours ago—an experience that led her to act impulsively by going to the nightclub and downing several glasses of vodka, knowing her tolerance for alcohol was so low.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Exhaling once more and furrowing her brow, Debby replied, "Do you think I'm not pretty enough?"

Rey, the man, looked surprised by her question. He fell silent and seemed to be examining Debby's appearance in detail. It made her feel somehow embarrassed to be stared at so openly by him.

"You are beautiful, sexy as hell, and charming. I think you are more pretty than a woman here."

His statement succeeded in making Debby blush.

Does he really think like that about me? Suddenly, negative thoughts rushed through her mind so rapidly that Debby couldn't stop them. Or... did he say that out of pity for me? I mean, look at me now; messy makeup and hair, clothes far from sexy. Not to mention my swollen eyes from crying too much.

With Debby's appearance like this, Rey's statement clearly sounded like a polite gesture towards a grieving Debby.

Although she knew it was just Rey's polite gesture towards her, she couldn't stop herself from saying, "Then, why did he leave me? If—"

"Maybe he's an asshole for leaving a beautiful lady like you?"

Debby gazed at Rey, who was now smiling broadly at her in silence. Still not understanding why Rey found her beautiful despite her current sad appearance.

Not wanting to dwell on it further or delve deeper into Rey's words, Debby just chuckled softly and thanked him in response.

Afterward, they talked about many things. Debby herself was slightly surprised to find out that she and Rey had a lot in common. In fact, Debby couldn't hide her own surprise when Rey told her his home country; Indonesia.