୨ ᴵᴵᴵ ୧

ᴏᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ                   ғɪʀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ

"Don't let me hear you snooze that alarm again!" Tanya shouts and Onika pouts.

"I'm up mami." She huffs before standing from her bed. "Hey Siri, turn on my morning lights and shuffle my Morning Gospel playlist." She mutters and a low white light shines around her bedroom.

She kneels beside her bed before saying a prayer over her day and those she knew. Once she finishes her prayer she grabs her bible doing a quick study before starting her morning.

"Hey Siri, wake me up." She says a short cut and her lights go bright white before starting to flash different pink and yellow. Her playlist changes and she smiles as an HBCU band starts to play. "Definitely Southern." She smiles before dancing into her bathroom, turning her shower on.

While her shower is heating up she makes her bed and straightens her room before laying her outfit on her bed. She showers and does her makeup before closing her bathroom door and turning her shower back on. She said the steam gave her makeup a little something extra; so every time she did her makeup she would sit in the steam for at least ten minutes. This morning she was using the time to go through her phone.

"Oh, you're bad." She says as she turns her camera on. "Like real bad. Period Chunks." She hypes herself up. "Onika." She frowns. "Period Nika." She nods before grabbing her stuff and walking down the stairs.

"Good morning Chunks, you look good baby." Richard smiles wide.

"It's Onika, daddy." She mutters. "Thank you." She says dryly.

Richard and Tanya look at each other before looking back at Onika.

"Good morning sissy!" Takoda, her twelve year old brother smiles wide.

"Good morning." She mutters.

He pouts before hugging her and she smiles small.

"I love you Kody." She hugs him back. "Well, I've got two meetings this morning. I will see y'all later." She says before grabbing and filling one of her hydro flasks.

"It's the first day." Richard frowns.

"I spent my Saturday night shaking mi culo on any camera pointed my way." She says.

"Revísate." Tanya frowns at her.

"Es true." She huffs.

"Chun-"

"It's Onika!" She groans before storming out of the house.

She gets to her car and groans loudly before screaming and storming back into the house. She snatches her keys off of the hook and goes to storm back out but her father whistles, causing her to freeze as the hairs on the back of her neck stand. Her father rarely ever whistled at her, but if he did, she knew she was pushing his buttons.