Chapter 8

Kara's POV

Ultron's robot minions were everywhere, along with a wall of arrows, bullets, a hammer, and a shield. I used my powers to rip apart every minion I could find. Everywhere I could see everyone was fighting for their life. All of us trying to protect the city. This is means to be an avenger. I turn to see a single minion approaching the core in the middle. Ultron flew in and attack Stark. Ok however much I wanted to do that....Not Cool. Thor, Stark and the Vision all started to attack Ultron. When they stopped Ultron's face had been slighty melted and he tried to stand.

"You know with the benefit-" Ultron didn't have the time to finish before the Hulk power punched him away.

"Okay, you guys get to the boat." Rogers told Barton, Pietro, and I.

"What about the core?" Barton asked.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda spoke out. She and Barton shared a look. Ok we missed something.

"I'm not leaving you here," Pietro told her.

"I'm not either." I say stepping closer to them.

"I can handle it," Wanda responded to us. "Make sure you get on one of those boats." She pushed Pietro away. "And you make sure you both get on the boats." She whispered to me.

"Let's go." Pietro pick me up and soon we only feet away from the edge of the city. Pietro put me down and looked back toward the city. I followed his gaze to see Barton running after a kid. In the sky was Ultron's plane. No Barton! Pietro must of have the same thoughts because he took off running.

"Noooo!" I cried out as I watched him run. I took off to catch up to him but it was too late. My pushed my powers out to create a shield around them. My powers only went so far. I felt the bullets pierce the left side of my body. The side not covered by my shield. Pain shot through my body and black dot danced across my vision. My powers gave out and so did my body. I hit the ground and then there was nothing.

Pietro's POV

Pietro's mind went blank has he raced toward Barton. He left Kara's side and pulled a piece of rubble up to protect the other two. Guns fired and he braced himself to be shot but the pain never came. He heard a gasp of pain and turn to face behind himself. He watched as Kara fall to the ground. No! She saved us. His mind went blank for a second time but this time he focused only Kara. He raced toward her and picked her up. Barton came up behind him.

"I'm sorry." Barton said. It was quite for a moment till Barton spoke up again. "She's still breathing." Pietro looked at him then back to her. "Get her to the boat." Pietro took off without another word. He laid her down the seats and sat down next to her. Barton helped the kid he had saved on to the boat before sitting beside Pietro, both of them heavily breathing.

"I'm sorry." Pietro said not taking his eye off of Kara. "I'm sorry for everything that we have done to you and the rest of the Avengers."

"Its fine, kid." Barton said. Once the boats took off, Kara shifted in pain. Barton's eyes drifted from Pietro to Kara and back. "You love her don't you?"

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"I have a wife and kids." Barton revealed. "I can tell by the way you treat her." Pietro sighed and nodded. "It'll be alright. We have the best doctors in the world. She'll be alright." Barton tried to help. Please let him be right. I can't lose her now. Pietro thought to himself. Pietro let himself relax for just enough time to fall asleep.

A few hours later

Pietro woke up to Barton shaking him. "Wake up, kid." Pietro stood up. "We are here at the tower. Let's get her inside." He nodded and picked up Kara carefully. Pietro followed Barton through the tower to where Helen Cho was waiting for them. She had recovered from her injury from Ultron. Pietro placed Kara down on the table.

"Will she be ok?" Pietro asked. Helen gave him a smile.

"She'll be fine." She set up the portable cradle. "I just need to get these bullets out." She looked back at him. "You can wait in here or out there." He nodded and took a seat. He watched carefully the whole time Helen was working.

Shortly after Helen had finished Wanda ran into the room. "Is she ok?" was the first thing out of Wanda's mouth. Pietro nodded. "Are you ok?"

"Its my fault." He said. "I'm the reason she like this. I couldn't protect her and she tried to protect me."

"We're family we protect each other." Wanda said. "So when will she wake up?"

"The doctor said soon." Pietro said. Wanda hugged him.

"She'll be fine." She said. Kara shifted in her sleep and the twins rushed to her side. Slowly she opened her eyes. Wanda hugged her. "You're ok!"

"Ouch." She shifted again.

"Oops sorry." Wanda said letting go. "I need to go check in with the doctor but I'll be back." Kara nodded as Wanda walked out.

"Why did you do that?" Pietro asked her.

"Well good morning to you too." Kara laughed.

"You could have been killed." Pietro's tone was hard.

"And if I hadn't acted you would have been killed." Her eyes flashed with sadness. "And now we are both still alive."

"Barely." He says. He took her hand. "We can't lose you." He took a deep breath. "I can't lose you."

"You wouldn't lose me." Kara said with a smile. "I'm still here."

"I love you." Pietro leaned down and kiss her forehead.

"I love you too."

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys. So I think that there will only be one more chapter in this story. Thank you all so much for reading I can not believe that it got over 4 thousand reads. Its my most read story ever. If you liked this chapter please comment or vote. And if you want me to either continue it or write a sequel leave a comment. I have enjoyed  writing this story hopfully as much as you all have enjoyed reading it. Thanks. Meow =^.^=