Chapter 14

Sebastian's heartbeat started beating fast when the horn sounded signaling that they were almost arriving at Gracy's mansion. Lord Bernard was the first one who stepped down from the train, followed by Philip, Margaret, and lastly, Sebastian who wanted to go back and not continue what he had agreed with.

"So, this is St. Clair." Philip said while looking at the people walking in and out of the train station.

"Nothing has changed. The vibe is still the same as how it was 10 years ago when I visited my old friend." Lord Bernard added. The old man witnessed his son's worried and quiet face, so he grinned.

"Bernard, Bernard." An old man holding a cane for support with a black hat, and polished suit called the old Lord and started approaching him.

"William, my dear old friend." Lord Bernard answered back to the old man, and they embraced and patted each other's back.

"It's been so long since I've seen you. My child was only 8 years old then when you last visited my place. " Lord William said, releasing his hands from the old Lord.

"But, Thank you for keeping the communication open and reminding me of what I have promised. I will never forget how you saved and took care of me decades ago. I will forever take that as a debt of gratitude, and I am now here paying for it." Lord Bernard said while they were walking and looked at Sebastian next.

"Two carriages are waiting outside." Lord William said as they walked to the exit.

Sebastian heard what his father had said. "He thinks I am here ready to pay for that. That won't happen." He said subconsciously.

"They are here, El! They are here!" Trivia shouted peeking from the window. Ellie hurriedly rushed to Trivia's side and saw two carriages coming in from the gate. Ellie took her head off the window and went to the mirror.

"Ellie. Why are you always looking in the mirror? I assure you. You are beautiful. Come! Let's watch them step down the carriage." Trivia said and looked at the carriages next. Ellie shrugged off the pessimistic thoughts and went to the window next. She spotted his father, an old man in his 50s who had a cane, a woman who might be in his 30s, a young- skinny man who looked familiar, and finally, a young, handsome man who took off his hat. The young man studied the mansion and spotted the two girls peeking from the window. When Ellie figured out the man spotted her, she hurriedly stopped sticking out her head from the window and pressed the sides of her pointed fingers with her thumbnails. Trivia noticed it, stopped sticking her head out of the window, as well and faced Ellie who was bowing. She took a strand of hair from the left side of Ellie's face and stuck it to her ear.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." Trivia said to Ellie. "Let's greet them." Trivia pulled Ellie's right arm but Ellie stopped her because she was not yet ready.

"Ellie, you've waited for this day for months and now he's here." Trivia said and then toned down her voice, "Everything will be fine."

Ellie nodded and they went out of the room.

"Here's my daughter." Lord William said when she spotted the two girls from the stairs landing part.

Ellie smiled, looking at the young, handsome man downstairs. The two girls went down the stairs but Ellie did not remove her eyes from Sebastian's face.

"Oh, you have grown so much. " Lord Bernard said and kissed her knuckles next. "I remember, you were this small the first time I met you." Lord Bernard added, moving his cane upward.

"Once again, this is my daughter, Ellie, and I would like to introduce my niece as well. The daughter of my brother." Lord William said.

Ellie did a curtsy. "Welcome, to our home." She said looking at Sebastian's eyes.

"This is my son, Sebastian, this my other son who I've taken in since he was young, and my assistant, Margaret."

"Madame." Lord William said kissing Margaret's knuckles.

Meanwhile, Sebastian studied the young lady. She has a fair complexion, a small face, and curly blonde hair that she put in a bun with a rose tie. He also finds her timid, and shy. "She is still is a child." He confirmed.

Sebastian and then Philip kissed her knuckles. The same thing they did to Trivia.

"Feel at home. Come, my friend. Let's go to the porch while we're waiting for lunch." Lord William said patting Lord Bernard's back and guiding him to their porch.

"Your things! Milly! Please take their things to their room." Ellie's father summoned.

Milly took the things from the carriage. Suddenly Philip and Sebastian offered to help.

" I want to rest for a while before lunch. Please excuse me." Sebastian told Ellie and he followed Milly to the carriage and helped her with their things. Ellie was confused but thought Sebastian might be tired from the trip.

"Wait a second," Trivia spoke. "Did we meet somewhere?" She asked Philip and held his arm. "You look familiar."

Philip studied Trivia's face and his jaw dropped. "Yes. Are you the woman from the café?"

Trivia smiled nodding. "Yes. It was you." What a tiny world, we have." She added.

"Let's go to the fountain. Come, Ellie." Trivia pulled her cousin.

When they were already in the fountain, Trivia started the conversation. "Is Sebastian tired? He has not spoken anything to Ellie?"

Philip took time to answer and then he nodded. "He might not feel well." He answered.

"Even so, he should have tried his best. It's their first meeting. I've spent so much time preparing Ellie for today." Trivia expressed her disappointment.

"Triv. It's okay. We still have time. We'll be eating lunch later." Ellie answered.

"No, El! It's not alright. This is your first meeting." Trivia rebutted and then slowly said, "Now I am not feeling him."

"Trivia! I am sure we will talk more later. I ask you to be calm. Don't worry about me." Ellie assured her cousin.

"If I were in your shoes, I would not let him get away with what he acted." Trivia added.

"Lord Bash is not usually like that," Philip added. "He..he might not be feeling well." Philip said and thought subconsciously, "Because he doesn't want to marry Ellie."

"I heard you're an orphan. Did Lord William adopt you legally?" Trivia asked.

"Huh? No. I am not a Miguel, but he took care of me and sent me to the best schools. He treated me as his own." Philip was surprised by how upfront this woman was in front of him but still answered, looking at the old Lord from the Porch.

"I see." Trivia nodded. "Hmmm, do you have a girlfriend?" Trivia asked. Ellie looked at her and then to Philip who was surprised by her next question. "I mean, Sebastian is marrying my cousin here, so I also want to know if you have someone waiting for you somewhere."

"None. I am not in any attached to a woman." Philip answered.

"What do you think of Ellie for Sebastian?" She asked next. Ellie was waiting for Philip's answer.

"She's perfect. She's beautiful and kind." Philip answered.

"How do you know, she's kind? This is the first time you have met my cousin." Trivia said looking at the pond in the fountain and to Philip next.

'Uhmm.. She, she greeted us gladly a while ago. She speaks well-mannered." Philip answered.

"Thank you, Philip." Ellie said.

Trivia was about to ask something else but suddenly, Milly appeared in front of them letting them know that the lunch was ready. The three stood up and followed Milly to the mansion.