1. Crossing Paths

Akriti was only child of Priyank and Shama. She was just having her parents as her family. She was never aware about her extended family as Priyank and Shama did love marriage which was not accepted by Priyank's family and they disowned him. Later, Priyank and Shama started their new life with a new surname and a new city.

Kabir was eldest son of Shashank and Rekha. He loved his family very much but he admired his father, the most. At first, he chose medical field only for his father so that he can stay more close to him but later medicine became his passion and he aspire to become a cardiac surgeon. He had a girlfriend during his college time and he was in a serious relationship but out of a sudden her girlfriend Kiara Mathur broke up with him and shifted to the States to pursue her degree. After that, he never fell in love again, he didn't want to make himself weak so he focused on his goal and achieved it.

Akriti lost her parents two months ago in a car accident. She was devastated after their death. It took a month for her to recover from the remorse. Later, Akriti continued working in the hospital and spent most of the time in hospital only.

Priyank and Shashank were best friends at their college times and their friendship was still intact even though they get busier in their lives. Shashank decided to reunite with Priyank so he went Bangalore to meet him. But he was shocked on getting the news of his best friend 's death.

He can't leave Akriti alone there and thought to take her along with him. Akriti was a girl with self esteem, she never wanted to be dependent on someone, so she denied Shashank. But Shashank made her understood and she was ready but on the condition that she would live in a flat by paying rent and not in the Mehra's Mansion. He agreed and also asked her that she can join their hospital. Akriti doesn't want to take any favours but Shashank explained to her that he is not doing any favour, he sent her qualifications and experience certificate and management has selected her as the senior gynecologist.

Akriti moved to Mumbai and shifted to the flat on that day only. The next day she has to join Sarvodaya Medical Hospital.

*****

The next morning at Mehra 's Mansion, everyone was gathered at the dining table for breakfast except Shashank as he went to look out things for Akriti in the hospital. Kabir came late yesterday as he stayed for the post- op of his one patient to check whether he was stable or not. He wanted to come home earlier to meet his father but his patient was more important at that time. He was excited to meet his father after a week so he woke up early and after getting ready he came for breakfast but he didn't find his father.

"Good morning Maa, Papa kidhar hai?" , Kabir asked.

[Good morning mother, where is dad?]

"Good morning, Kabir. Your father went to the hospital early . Today his friend 's daughter is going to join the hospital so he went to check the preparations." , Rekha replied.

Kabir nodded. For a moment, he just thought that since when his father started doing favours. He chuckled. Kabir was also a part of hospital management but the doctors were appointed by the other heads only. He completed his breakfast and left for the hospital.

In the hospital conference room, the heads , the specialists and board members were sitting including Kabir and Shashank. Shashank started introducing Akriti and all the members welcomed her. Kabir looked at Akriti with corner of his eyes. Throughout the meeting, Akriti impressed everyone with her confidence and expertise. Kabir observed her interactions with the other members, noting her professionalism but still somewhere he felt that she got the opportunity due to favour of his father and he can't shake off it. Soon the meeting came to an end and everyone congratulated Akriti. Slowly , all members were leaving the room. Now only Shashank, Akriti, Kabir and two more members were left.