Chapter 18

Capital City of Caesaris, Latiusan Empire

Imperial Latiusan Castle, Throne Room

A 59-year-old man with a bit of gray hair and a full beard, wearing a golden robe, golden muscle cuirass armor, a golden plate cuirass, and a red cape hanging behind his back. He also wore a golden crown on his head and a golden ring on his finger, signifying he was a married man, though his wife had died while giving birth to his sons. His name is Arcturus Caesar, the emperor of the Latiusan Empire. He sat on the throne with two of his royal guards standing beside him.

Alongside him are his sons, who have returned from the battlefield after expanding the empire to the west side of the continent, strengthening it in the process.

The first son is Artanius Caesar, a 32-year-old man with sleek and well-groomed brown, long-layered hair. He wears bright gray wyvern lord armor adorned with two horns attached to his shoulder pauldrons, along with a purple cape hanging from his back.

Magnus Caesar, the second son, is a 30-year-old bald man sporting a black goatee beard. He is clad in the armor of a warrior lord, opting for only warrior gauntlets. His leg protection consists of iron greaves, providing him with flexibility of movement. Adorning his left arm is a twin-horned feathered Corinthian helmet, while he grips his battle axe firmly in his right hand.

The third son, Dartkorr Caesar, is a man aged around 27 to 28, with long, brown, combed hair featuring a fringe. He adorns himself in bright silver muscle cuirass armor, accompanied by a dark red plate cuirass, with a red cape flowing behind him. In his left hand, he confidently wields a war hammer.

All the nobles and generals are present in the room when two Lautisan soldiers enter carrying a surviving injured Lautisan soldier.

Injured Lautisan soldier: M-My liege... I'm here for urgent news for your 4th son, Arkatrius.

Magnus Caesar: Heh.

He shrugged.

Magnus Caesar: I wonder why he sent this foot soldier here? Did he struggle with taking the animal's capital city on his own?

Dartkorr Caesar: Silence, Magnus. Let this man speak.

He said to his brother beside him.

Arcturus Caesar: Speak. What has become of my son 's achievements in taking over the animal kingdom?

Injured Lautisan soldier: It's no achievement, my liege. It's something worse.

The nobles murmured to each other.

Lautisan general: Worse? You better speak up clearly or I'll have your tongue cuts off!

An injured soldier gulped and said to the emperor.

Injured Lautisan soldier: Your Majesty, we were almost successful in annexing the animal kingdom of Dyria under the command of Prince Arkatrius Caesar. As he is nearly accomplishing-

Artanius Caesar: Nearly?

A 1st prince scoffed in disbelief.

Artanius Caesar: I wonder why he didn't fully annex that filthy animal kingdom? Is he not capable of winning on his own?

Injured Lautisan soldier: No, my highness. It's those... foreign invaders came out of nowhere, attacking in every location. Most of my legion army, including my general, died in the process.

This frightened and shocked everyone, except Emperor Arcturus, his sons, and some small number of generals in the room.

Injured Lautisan soldier: At first, we just thought it was simply Dyrian remnants. But then, I see... I see...