Chapter 12

The battle with the demon lord is over. The innocent Unyonians who died in the war have been avenged. They are now clearing the battlefields across the continent in order to clean up the land. They carry their fallen comrades to the battlefield and pay them respect and farewell so they can go to the afterlife. They load their fallen comrades into trucks or planes and fly them back to bury them. While the bodies of monsters and demons were burned and turned into ash.

Xavier is having a talk with Dargan and Frieda for a moment before they will leave this place.

Dargan: I see... I'm glad you finally killed a demon lord. No one, not even me, has ever seen a demon lord killed, especially since they are the more powerful beings who served under the demon king.

Xavier: You may say I went overkill to that pathetic demon lord.

Frieda: You just brutally kill him, huh? That's a bit extreme coming from you.

Xavier: He killed those people because they were followers of the Demon Queen, and after learning about her, I have a newfound respect for her. So, yes, I brutally killed him without a second thought about my doubt.

Dargan: Nonetheless, you were successful in preventing it from happening to my people. I'm curious what the Demon King will think about this failure and the death of one of his demon lords.

Xavier: Allow him to try. Send his demon lords to find me. I'll annihilate them before they even try to attack me.

Dargan: Confidence, I see. Well then, I say let's head back to the kingdom and give a good news to-

Then they were interrupted by an SRS marine approaching them. He looked shocked like he saw something incoming this way.

SRS Marine: Supreme Leader, sir! Something is coming this way!

A supreme leader and hsi others turn around to see a larger cloud of black mists coming down from the mountain and go straight to them.

Unyonian Light Elf 1: Oh God! It's the wraiths!

SRS Shocktrooper: Did you say wraiths!?

SRS Lieutenant: Everyone, get your weapons ready! Get to your defense positions! Form up!

Everyone, both SRS and Unyonians, are doing their defense positions to face those incoming wraiths. The SRS ground vehicles ready their guns and point at them. A supreme leader and his others went in front as the cloud of black mists came down on the ground and revealed themselves of humanoid-like wraiths. They look similar to humans, but every body is covered in black mists and they have dark scary yellow eyes.

Everyone is cautious as they point their weapons at them if they are going to attack them first. But they are just standing there doing nothing, not even making a first move. Frieda and Dargan ready their attacks to engage those monsters. Xavier, however, did not draw out his weapons or use his powers against the wraiths. He just calmly looked at them.

Frieda: Xavier, where are those wraiths coming from?

Xavier: They were summoned from a demon lord during the battle.

Dargan: This is bad. Wraiths are dangerous beings that can suck off out the life forms of anyone who encounters them. They possess dark magic whenever they need to use ranged attacks.

Xavier: Do they have the ability to possess people?

Dargan: Yes. They have the ability to possess people. But I'll do it only once. They'll never leave the body they once possessed.

Xavier: Hmm...

He thinks his thoughts in his mind and then he decides to walk towards them. Dargan tried to stop him, but Frieda held him back and told him to let him handle it. Xavier stops there to close near them. They remain standing there with nothing and they are staring at him. He keeps his composure and speaks to them.