Chapter 3

Later That night, Aaliyah came to check on Sylas and found him curled up in a ball. He was drenched in sweat and shivering.

"Sylas"

"Sylas-" She put a hand on his shoulder.

"Get off me! Get the fuck off me!" He snapped, pushing her away.

"Sylas, it's Aaliyah. Your nurse, I'm here to help you."

"I don't need help! I'm not an addict!"

"I didn't say you were. Get up off the floor. It's cold and I don't want you to get sick." Her tone was soft.

"What do you care, huh?"

"I'm your nurse, so I'm going to take care of you, now come on. Get up" When he refused She put her arms under his and stood him up.

"Put me down!" He grumbled pulling away from her. He stumbled over his feet before flopping down in the single chair.

"Are you hungry?" She asked when his stomach grumbled.

"I had dinner."

"I asked if you're hungry," She asked again while stripping his bed.

"Yes, please don't be mean" It appeared that he had mistaken her stern tone for a mean one.

"I Won't be mean to you. I'm sorry if I'm coming off that way. I just want you to help me help you, okay? I just want your cooperation, that will make everything easier, right?"

"Yeah"

"I'll put a ticket in for another meal for you. Why don't you take a shower while we wait." She pulled blankets off the rolling cart and put them on his bed.

"I can't, hurts too much"

"What hurts?"

"Everything"

"Would you like for me to give you a bath?" He thought about it before shaking his head.

"Okay."

"Well, actually. . . Can you please?" She nodded and went into the bathroom wiping down the blue mat and putting a disposable cover over it.

"Come Sylas" She called for him and he stumbled into the bathroom moments later.

"Can I lay down?"

"Yes. Can you take your clothes off first?" He nodded. He was out of it, all he could think about was the euphoric state he was dying to be in. Aaliyah pulled His pajamas over his head and allowed him to remove the rest of his clothes before instructing him to lie down.

She filled a bucket with warm water and began washing his body. Many Nurses don't give their patients sponge baths but Aaliyah loves her job and she takes it very seriously. She believes that hygiene plays a big role in one's mental and physical State.

"Fuck!"

"Am I hurting you?"

"It just hurts. It hurts!" Aaliyah felt bad when his eyes filled with tears. She was usually very good at being professional but something about Sylas was different.

"It'll be okay." She smiled at him and continued with his bath.

That was until he grabbed her Arms aggressively and pulled her down so that their faces were only inches apart.

"Please. Just one more. Then I'll Be good. Please." He begged helplessly.

"Unhand me please." Sylas stared at her for a moment before he let Her go realizing what he did.