"Hey Liz, you might want to check out this article!" JJ says standing up and passing me his unlocked phone.

My heart plummets as my eyes skim over the title of the article,

THE TRUTH BEHIND THE BECKETTS

An alarming truth was revealed at EPP today, after having a close confident of the Beckett family ( who will remain anonymous for viewer discretion) come in and have an interview with head journalist Donna Roberts.

We can finally confirm the rumours of the abuse endured in the household by the hands of Hudson Beckett.

We wonder what happens now to Luke Beckett? And why after all these years is this only coming out now?

Considering Luke's violent natures in his career this comes with no surprise.

Read more

I don't press the read more button because I've already had enough, I know Luke's at practice right now and there's a high chance he hasn't seen it but I don't want to take that risk.

Rushing through my bag I grab my phone and stride towards my bedroom but not getting far as a hand cuts in and clutches my wrist.

"Is it true?" Archie asks a stern look on his face, I stay silent not being able to get the words out of my mouth.

With a nod he lets go of my hand and I continue my stalk towards my bedroom slamming the door shut once I'm finally in and pulling out my phone.

But before I can press call on Luke's contact an unknown number rings my phone.

"Lizzie?"

"Wyatt?" I say recognising the voice of the caller,

"He's in a bad shape. Won't admit it but he is-" Wyatt starts over the phone, my heart picks up pace.

"Put him on the phone." My voice comes out harsh as I cut him off, I hear shuffling come from the other end of the phone before heavy breathing takes over it's presence.

"Luke? Luke?!" I call out,

"Baby" relief flushes over me when I hear his voice,

"I'm coming to you-" I say already grabbing my keys from my desk,

"'No. It's fine, I'm fine Liz."

"But-"

"I don't give a fuck what they write about me, I'm fine baby."

I sigh in defeat dropping my keys on my bed, I know he's lying, I know the words hit the kid in him but if he wants to be left alone then I'll do that as long as he asks me to.

"You're not like him." I tell the truth hoping it will soothe something in him,

"Lizzie-"

"You're not." My voice is harsh and demanding,

"Ok" he breathes out,

"Ok"

None of us talk after that but the call remains alive, I don't hang up wanting him to feel my presence.

" do you want to spend Christmas with me?" I blurt out,
"And my family of course." I add feeling clumsy,

When he stays silent I say "obviously you don't have to-"

"Yeah, I'd like to spend Christmas with you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

This chapter is so uneventful I'm so sorry, I've just been so focused with my exams and my head is full of ideas for the new book.

Anyway...Luke is meeting the family!!!

Comment what you think the drama will be that is so heartbreaking??