6 : Chocolate milkshake

"Chaos makes the muse."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

"So nothing happened?"

"I already told you that he just drove me home" I say sighing into my phone,

"Lizzie! Can you take the order at the counter" my boss - Jen - calls from the kitchen,

"Look I have to go, I'll see you later?" I say as I grab hold of my phone and bring it to my ear,

"Logan's taking me out so probably see you tomorrow" Gracie says over the phone,

"Yeah okay, love you"

"Love you Liz" she imitates a kiss over the phone before hanging up, I place my phone in my pocket and turn off the coffee machine before turning around and taking my notepad out of my apron.

"How can I help-" I freeze in position as I register the person in front of me, the person who probably heard my phone call.

"Luke?!"
"What are you doing here? This is not in Pembroke."

"So you gossip about me now?" Luke says as a huge grin forms on his face, I take in his appearance and assume that he probably just left practice as he is wearing a Pembroke hockey hoodie and grey sweats, which look so damn good on him.

"What are you doing here Luke" I say trying to cover the pink on my cheeks from my embarrassment.

"No need to be embarrassed baby, and this is the closest diner to the rink, I need to order some food to go"
"I didn't realise you worked here"

"Yeah, um I've worked here since freshman year" I say fiddling with my notepad,

"Anyway what would you like?" I say brushing a strand of hair out of my face and pulling it back into my claw clip, I'm trying to get this conversation over and done with as I don't think I could survive a few more seconds with Luke Beckett.

"Five blueberry pancakes to go please." He says looking up from the menu on the counter and at me, he must've noticed my raised eyebrows as he scrambles to explain himself.

"It's for my roommates." I hum in response to him, I process it into the computer trying to not feel self conscious as he continues to stare at me.

"Do you want to sit with me for a bit?"he says nodding to a booth at the back,

"Uh I can't, I already took my break" I partially lie, I have already taken my break but I know that if I asked Jen if I could take a moment off she would say yes without hesitation.

But no way in hell am I sitting down in a booth with Luke Beckett, if one of my friends walked in I would be dead, hell even if someone from campus walked in and snapped a photo.

"Come on Elizabeth" he grins as he relaxes into his chair leaning forward,

"It's Lizzie, and no" I correct him,

"Wizard what's up-" Jen says walking towards me and Luke, she halts in place when she spots the guy in front of me.

"Oh my god, you're Luke Beckett right?" she says walking towards us in a faster pace,