Chapter 21

When Cale entered his room, he didn't know what he was expecting to see, but it wasn't that.

Kim Rok Soo was sat on the floor with a line of a variety of objects in front of him and a kitten on each shoulder. Oh, and the room was trashed. That too.

The kittens quickly whipped their heads up with a shocked and guilty look.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...What happened here?"

"U-ummm!" Hong started to speak, but stopped and looked down.

-Human! I can explain! There was a furry creature that appeared and ran all around the room! Noona and hyung were trying to catch it but it kept dodging! I couldn't help since I was hiding. But I did but a sound barrier up so no one knows what happened

Furry creature...?

"There was a rat in the room. We tried to catch it but it was too fast" On said, slightly pouting.

On and Hong jumped off Kim Rok Soo's shoulder.

"Oh..."

Cale looked at the knocked over cupboard. How did they manage that?

"Is it still here?"

"Maybe...?"

-It's stuck under the cupboard that... fell over

Cale nodded and turned to the man staring at them with a stoic expression. He pointed to him then at the cupboard. I'm not yet strong enough to lift that. Maybe if I really tried, but I have a strong looking person over here so I'm going to use them.

Kim Rok Soo frowned a little, stared at the cupboard and then looked Cale up and down. He sighed and stood up.

Cale grinned at the grumbling Kim Rok Soo.

"What were you doing with those" he glanced at the strange objects in a line.

"We were teaching him colours!" Hong perked up.

"Also stuff like manners and yes and no" On added.

"Did he understand it?" Cale asked watching Kim Rok Soo lift up the cupboard.

"Yep. It's cause we taught him well"

"We are amazing teachers after all!"

"Yes, yes. Good job" Cale bent down to pat them when a voice yelled in his head.

[THERE'S THE RAT!!!]

[WE HAVE EYES!!!]

[Do we?]

[...]

[I mean, we don't have a physical body so that means no eyes]

[...Shut up]

A blur of fur bolted out from under the cupboard and streaked across the room.

Cale watched as the rat scurried along the floor and shot under the bed.

"On, Hong, could one of you go under the bed and chase it out on this side?" He asked tiredly.

"Kay!" Hong instantly ran under the bed.

Cale step back and eyed the bed. As the rat shot out, he reached over and snatched to rat up by the back of its neck.

The rat made a variety of unholy screeching noise as it thrashed itself around in his hand.

Hong emerged from the bed covered in dust and spiderwebs, making him look like his sister.