Chapter 10

Cale sat at a desk in his room. The kittens were sleeping on his bed and the dragon laid on a pillow on a desk beside the bed.

He had a candle placed next to him and paper sprawled out on the desk. Cale sighed. He removed his glasses and rubbed his face with his hands.

Tired. The red head yawned. He stared at the papers lying in front of him with writing scribbled over them. Then his gaze drifted to two envelopes in his hand.

How to send these. He leaned back on his chair and was tapping them on his thigh. (Oh lord, his thighs. What I wouldn't do to be those envelopes 🛐)

Bird? Like it knows where to go. Mail it like a normal person? That can be tracked.

"Urghhhhh" Cale groaned and chucked the letters on the desk. "Do I have to do it personally?" He sighed and melted to the chair. You know what, I'm tired. I probably can't think straight right now. I'll think tomorrow.

Cale burnt all the paper in the desk except the two letters before dragged himself to the bed and carefully slide in, trying not to wake the kittens.

.

.

.

Fire was crackling as bugs were flying around the flame.

Clouds partially covered the crescent moon, leaving little light.

Cale stared at the starry sky and sighed. His breath steaming in the cold night.

He glanced at the people seated around the campfire, warming up.

"It's really cold isn't it?" A voice laughed.

"No shit" Cale scoffed.

"You shouldn't speak to me that way" the blonde man replied.

"The fact that I'm still fine shows that you don't care" Cale leaned back, ignoring a glaring swordsman.

"I need every soldier, no matter their personality"

The red head glanced at a specific man with brown hair that resembled a lion.

"Haha! Do you want to fight?" The man in question stood up and cracked his knuckles.

"No matter their personality?" Cale repeated.

The blonde man smiled and ignored his question.

"Tch"

The sound of a blade unsheathing was heard.

Cale turned to see the black hair swordsman taking out his sword.

"Why are you getting mad?"

"Don't disrespect the prince"

"Choi Han! Stop"

Choi Han lowered his sword but continued to glare at the smirking Cale.

The blonde haired prince let out a sigh.

"Why can't you two get along?"

"Don't ask me, ask him. He keeps getting riled up about everything" Cale pointed at Choi Han.

Choi Han glared at him some more.

"So no fight?" The brown haired man asked.

"No, you battle junky manic"

"Aw" he sat back down.

Silence once again returned but the air was slightly more tense than before.

"Well, I'm going to sleep" Cale stood up and went to his tent.