Chapter 4

Cale stood up and was about to leave the bush when something caught his eye. He looked at the bright red and silver fur of the kittens.

"Roll in dirt when I leave, your fur stands out too much"

He pulled up his mask and pulled down his hood, making it cover his hair. The siblings stared at Cale who turned and left.

"He was worried about us!" The red one whispered to his sister. His sister nodded, her tail wagging happily.

"We need to do what he said and keep a look out"

The siblings stayed near the entrance watching for movement as Cale was fighting the two knights in front.

I should work out after this. Cale easily dodged the sword that slashed at his left. He knew how to move and could see where they were going to attack, but his body couldn't keep up. 

Tsk, I'm so weak. 

Cale jumped forward and sliced the guards neck with his knife. Twisting around, he swung the knife, making a wave of lightning, towards the other knight. The last knight instantly dropped on the floor stunned. Cale shoved the dagger in his neck, making sure he was dead.

Why is the security so weak? Cale didn't know that the first knight he killed was a high leveled knight, the same level as vice captain Hilsman.

[Cale, there are lots of traps down the cave]

He nodded and put up his indestructible shield. Cale walked through the cave, listening to the unnamed ancient power telling him where to step.

At the end of the tunnel, Cale stopped in his tracks.

"W-who are you? How did you get here?" A man shouted but Cale ignored him. He was staring at the black creature behind bars.

A little black dragon covered in cuts and blood. It was bound by thick chains and a tight collar was around his neck. 

Cale was horrified. Wasn't this a four year old? 

When the imperial family was investigating why a whole mountain behind the Stan villa blew up, they discovered that it was caused by a baby dragon that was being tortured and went berserk.

He walked up to the person that was probably the torturer.

"D-don't come any closer! Do you know what is in here?!"

Why else would I be here? Are you stupid?

The man stepped back and suddenly bolted to a crystal ball lying on a table. Cale threw his lightning encased knife at full strength at the ball.

Smash!

The ball shattered and glass flew everywhere. Cale jumped on the table and pulled the knife from it. He leapt beside the man and pressed the knife against his throat.

"Keys" Cale didn't know if the keys were hidden or not and he left him alive since he didn't know if there would be a signal to tell Venion if he died. Better safe than sorry.

The man put a shaking hand in his pocket and pulled out some keys, handing it to his captor.

"Don't move if you don't want to die" Cale hissed in his ear. The torturer nodded his head with fear in his eyes.

"Good" Cale smirked as he grabbed the man's hand, lead him to the prison and unlocked the door. He grabbed a rope with nails from the table and tied the screaming man's legs up so he couldn't run away.

"I said I wouldn't run!"

"You think I would trust you? Don't worry, as long as you don't move too much I don't think it would bleed, but who am I to know?"