Chapter 5

Tweet tweet.

Cale woke up to the sound of birds.

"Mmm"

He tried rolled over but there was something lying on his stomach. Cale squinted his eyes open to a mix of red and sliver fur pressing down on him. He glanced out the window and the sun was just rising.

"Sigh"

I can't move.

Cale waited until they woke up to move. But an hour later they still weren't up.

I guess they were tired?

He decided to pass the time while playing with their fur.

"Pfft-"

Cale looked over and saw the black dragon smirking at him.

"You're still here?" he whispered, trying not to disturb them.

"I said I would stay!"

"Okay, okay"

A few days until that happens. I probably won't make it but... Cale glanced at the dragon that was lying on the couch.

"What?" The dragon sensed his stare.

"I might need your help soon" he glanced down at the silver kitten that was starting to wake up.

"When are we going?" On mumbled.

"Around midday" Cale answered stroking her head.

She nodded and nudged her brother awake.

When the two cats unpinned him, he got changed.

"You can do whatever until midday but don't cause trouble" he told them. "I will be in my room if you need me. And don't get caught or stray too far from the inn"

"Okay!" Hong jumped out of bed and walked over to the dragon. His sister followed.

"I'm Hong! I'm seven years old!" He introduced himself.

"I'm On, I'm ten" she followed.

"H-hi" the dragon looked down nervously and fiddled with the pillow he was on.

"Wanna play tag?" The red kitten asked.

"What's that?"

"You run away from the the person who is in ,and if they touch you, you are in. And no flying! That's cheating"

The dragon nodded.

Cale turned away. They seem to be getting along well.

The two cats were being chased around the room by a dragon.

Cale reached out, grabbed a wine bottle and started drinking, his face instantly flushing red. I need to make them think I'm passed out drunk. Besides, I don't have anywhere to put the wine.

He just finished the bottle when...

Smash!

Cale whipped his head around and saw Hong next to a broken vase.

"I- I'm sorry" the red kitten was shaking. "It was an accident" his tail and ears were down.

Cale dropped the empty bottle and walked over to Hong. He reached out and picked him up, cradling him in his arms.

"Did you get hurt?" He asked inspecting the trembling kitten's paws.

"No? Aren't you mad?"

"Why should I be mad? I've broken enough vases to fill a room, I won't be made about just one" Cale gently placed Hong on his bed. "Just be more careful next time, you could get hurt"