|9|Forever and never

February 2028 - 3:36 p

February 2028 - 3:36 p.m.

Jai came back three hours after she left me alone to find my room. We were now preparing to see Ms. Maybelle, who was the center's coordinator and the one who helped my rescue when the incident with Dante happened. She was a fairy.

Jai assured me she wasn't on The Council's side and would do her best to help me. She had known Jai since she was a baby; Ms. Maybelle and her mother used to be best friends before she gave up her powers.

She also told me August and I absolutely had to get married today because otherwise, The Council could be suspicious of my presence here, given the attack I was a victim of just a few days ago. We were about to get married in all intimacy, with no one but Jai and Ms. Maybelle by our side. Many Protectors used this method to get multiple privileges, and few got caught.

I wondered what privileges Jai was talking about. I'd have to ask her one of these days.

My room was splendid. Extensive and sophisticated, with a beautiful beige couch in the living room and multiple electronics. The jacuzzi was spacious and seemed welcoming. It also had a small kitchen with food supplies and a well-functioning oven.

I had to admit that I didn't know what I would've done if I found myself in a tiny room with an old bed or orange-painted walls. I was always used to having fancy stuff, and that was not about to change.

I asked Jai if I would have a roommate since there was a second bed in the room, but she said it would most likely not happen, which made me very happy.

I wasn't made to have a roommate anyway. I needed my space. These clothes, hygiene products and shoes were not about to fit in just one side of the room.

"Lovely, we have to go!" Jai ordered for the fourth time, watching me running all around my room from my bed where she seated.

"Wait, wait, wait! I cannot get married looking crusty. I refuse to do that. I need my earrings."

"Girl, it's not even a real marriage. You'll divorce him in a second. Now, we need to go because Ms. Maybelle doesn't have much time. She says August is already waiting for us with her."

"Okay, okay. Let's go."

I decided to wear a maxi light green dress, which made my curves pop with some fake diamond earrings and a light chain of the same fabric. I did light makeup in my beautiful bathroom, which had a large and tall mirror, and the look was done.

Lovely Jean doesn't get married if she doesn't look good—one of my other rules.

Five minutes and many stares later, we arrived at an average room with a small wood table in the middle and two chairs. August was there with a short lady by his side.

"Well! There you are." The lady greeted us, hugging us at the same time.

"I don't think we have met before," she said as she smiled at me. "I am Eleanor Maybelle, coordinator of the center. Old fairy as well."