drunken kisses

i felt my face heating up as i watched her from across the dance floor. she was so carefree, dancing by herself. i was just swaying back and forth to the music. it was nothing special or anything that would get me noticed. but her, god just her.
i was wearing a black strapless dress while hers was a deep emerald green that complimented her tan-freckled skin beautifully. her hair cascaded down her shoulders. it was a dark brown with red undertones and blonde highlights. i surprised myself with how many details i could notice from so far away.
like how her nose scrunched when she laughed, and how her eyes squinted when she smiled. oh her smile. i have never seen this woman a day in my life but i need her. i couldn't tell if it was the alcohol or delusion but something inside me wanted to go talk to her. i just didn't have a clue how. i went back to go find my seat as my lipstick was faded from all the sips i took from my glass. my hands were shaky and my heart racing from the beer. i wanted to go home.

"hey!" an enthused voice spoke from behind me, ignoring it i just continued with my lipstick. that's when i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"hey im not trying to start any trouble—" i said, startled, before turning around. i saw the girl from before. i didn't even know her name. she laughed at my surprised reaction and that's when butterflies soared through my stomach. she was even more beautiful up close.

"i'm not trying to start anything either! i just saw you staring at me from so far away, and it's about time i meet somebody new." she rambled as i took in everything about her. i could smell the alcohol aroma around her body but also the floral scents of her perfume. "want a sip of my drink?"

i looked at her hand, she was holding a margarita. "sure."
the rim tasted like like while the drink itself tasted like cherries and coconut. i handed the glass back to her and she placed it down on the table.

"your dress is beautiful"

i blushed. "and so is yours. mind if i ask your name?"

"well my name is isabella but just call me izzy."

"it's a pleasure to meet you izzy."

"what might yours be?"

"my name is julie."

"what a lovely name." she politely grabbed my hand and kiss the top of it. i looked away to hide how red i was becoming. her lips were soft and a light shade of pink. she had green eyes, similar to mine. her skin had undertones of olive and honey making her glow even more in her dress. she invited me to a dance as the two of us got continuously more drunk as the night went on. i found out that she just moved to town — which could be why i've never seen her — and that she's bisexual, resorting to clubs as a getaway from her ex boyfriend. meanwhile i had never been in a relationship.

"im probably gonna run to the bathroom, my dress is having trouble." i lied. she seemed sad and offered to go with me. i said no and she nodded. i was in the bathroom just staring at myself in the mirror, trying to think of what to say to her when i went back out. the night was going so well and i refused to fumble her. the door opened and i saw a familiar flash of green. her dress was brighter than before as the lighting in the bathroom contrasted the dance floor. everything was even more beautiful.

"hey gorgeous. have i met you?" she teased, her hands going to my waist. i twitched at the sudden touch, before melting into her hands.
"is this okay?" she asked me, pausing her movements.

"more than okay." i responded, turning around to face her. her hand snaked their way up from my waist to just below my boobs. i shuddered at the feeling of being so close to somebody. even at 20 years old i have never kissed a girl. however in defense of myself, i didn't realize i was a lesbian until my first boyfriend at 17. we broke up at 19 because i found out he was cheating on me with a man. maybe we both turned each other off.

she hummed and took one hand off my torso to move the hair out of my face. "can i kiss you, julie?"

i nodded, blushing a furious crimson. she leaned into me and i put my hands on her hips. she smiled into the kiss as it got more passionate. her hands danced across me in ways that were indescribable. although the bathroom wasn't a preferred spot to make out, people do it in clubs all the time. it's nothing different than everybody else.

her lips were more intoxicating than any drink i might have had that night. they were soft and skilled, yet rough to the perfect amount. she gripped my waist tightly and i let out a sigh as she kissed me. not once did we pull away. she made me feel like i was dancing in the sky, her fingertips sending me into ecstasy.

i parted my lips slightly and let her tongue take dominance in my mouth. she was giving me just enough to make me want more of her, but each time i got close she held herself back.

"why don't we get out of here? hm? that way we can be in my bed and more comfortable" she offered, backing up from me. we were both breathing heavier than the normal person would be. my lips felt empty without her on them.

"i would love that." i smiled back, running my hand through her soft hair.

"sounds perfect. i'll lead the way" she grabbed my arm and led me out of the bar. i was nothing but excited as her hand traced lines up my thighs while in the uber.

if anything was revealed to me in that moment, it's how desperate i was for izzy.

1094 words
————
hey beautiful, how've you been? enjoy this little update. being called hot by a drunk girl is literally the most important thing in my life rn. oh also, I SAW OLIVIA RODRIGO YESTERDAY.
i need her in a way that is dangerous to both feminism and my rights as an american citizen.