Die For You

pls listen to the song while reading! itll make more sense <3

****Olivia pov

It had been nearly a month since I discovered my love for a girl in one of my classes; Mia. She had tan skin and beautiful black hair with brown eyes. every time I saw her it felt like my heart was being struck by lightning.

I'm findin' ways to articulate the feelin' I'm goin' through
I just can't say I don't love you

On my way to lunch I saw the girl I loved so much.

"Hey liv!" Mia beamed, nearly throwing herself onto me. Mia's a very touchy person, and I honestly loved it so much.

'Cause I love you, yeah
It's hard for me to communicate the thoughts that I hold

"are you going to Camerons party tonight? I need somebody to go with. I cant possibly show up alone!" she begged, giving me the puppy dog eyes I'd always fall for.

"we'll see, what time is the party?"

"7:30. we can go back to my house and do our make up! I have the hottest outfit for you to wear" she cheered, hugging me again. I loved her and her energy but it was quite certainly a lot to handle sometimes.

But tonight, I'm gon' let you know
Let me tell the truth
Baby, let me tell the truth, yeah

we went through the rest of the school day spreading gossip about the girls who were sleeping around with each other.  I never had much of a thing for those girls, you couldn't trust them.

Mia was always there for me and I couldn't help but be happy when I was with her. the day went by in a flash and before I knew it I was walking her home. the two of us getting ready to go out. my parents were going to be at meetings all night so there wouldnt be a problem.

****mia pov

I was so happy that liv was going! She made me so happy. I started to notice recently that she would blush when I was around her. I honestly found it adorable. she was so cute and to be honest with myself, I think im developing feelings. theres still that one part of my brain thats telling me she doesn't feel the same way.

I had Olivia wear the most stunning black dress ive ever seen. her dark brown hair and green eyes complimented her skin so beautifully.

You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyes
You hate that you want me, hate it when you cry

We went on our way to my car and I guided her into the passenger seat. of course I was just being polite.

You're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the night
I'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time

When we arrived at the party everybody was already drinking. Olivia looked slightly uncomfortable so I made sure to stick around.

"hey whats wrong hot stuff?" I asked, nudging her shoulder. 

"I-i'm fine. theres just a lot of people here and I was hoping to talk to you later" Olivia responded, her eyes showing slight worry.

"well im always here. if you wanna leave just tell me! trust me im not looking to get drunk."

I don't want this feelin', I can't afford love
I try to find a reason to pull us apart

hours went by and it was almost 12 AM.

****Olivia pov

for the majority of the party I was just tagging along with Mia, hoping that shed enjoy spending time with me. She was wearing a dark red dress and it fit her body perfectly. she even had matching lipstick. I went off to bathroom to gather up my composure. I was going to tell her tonight.

It ain't workin', 'cause you're perfect, and I know that you're worth it
I can't walk away, oh

"Mia, can we talk?" I asked, approaching her with a big smile. God I really hope she wasnt drunk. only god knows what shit they've been drinking.

"yeah of course honey! one second guys" Mia gestured to her friends to go away and I pulled her outside away from the crowd. there were wayyy too many people here.

Even though we're goin' through it
And it makes you feel alone

"listen im sorry I dont mean to pull you from your friends but I need to tell you something. its been on my mind for about a month now."

"whats up? I kind of have something to tell you too" she smiled, the moonlight reflecting off of her cheeks.

"we'll do it at the same time" I laughed, grabbing mias hand in my own.

"Olivia"

"mia"

Just know that I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah

"I like you!"                            "I'm in love with you mia."

The distance and the time between us
It'll never change my mind

"Wait-" I put my hand on the bridge of my nose and smiled. "say that again?"

"I-" mia blushed looking away "I like you liv"

"god I feel stupid now! I've been stressing for a whole month" I started laughing and mia did the same. 

"listen, I know we've met like 2 years ago, you're cute. I didnt start realizing it until recently. but what I do know is that I love being around you." mia started, her eyes shining "you always listen to the shit I have to say and I couldn't appreciate you any more than I do now"

I blushed and pulled mia into a hug. she was taller than me so ironically my head was basically buried in her chest.

"I love you too mia"

she grabbed my chin and I looked up at her.

"can I kiss you liv?" she asked softly, her hands caressing my cheek. I nod and the two of us slowly pull closer, our lips touching. she tasted like strawberry chapstick and jolly ranchers.

butterflies started fluttering all over my body. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect night. I held onto mias waist as her hands were plastered on my cheek and neck. this was everything I wanted and more.

we pulled away from each other, both of our faces bright red. it seems that somehow mia was finally speechless.

'Cause baby, I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah

it was safe to say that night we went home more than friends.