⁷ˣ¹⁴. ᵖ.ʸ.ᵗ ⁽ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ʸᵒᵘⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ⁾

Depuis le début

"It's our mother's birthright to us." Ryan shook his head at his sister's words, "I'll think about it." He repeated before walking away.

____

"It's horrible."

Meredith admitted as she sat in the resident's lounge looking in between her mother's journal and the Alzheimer's piece of paper as Ryan shook his head from where he stood, putting his lab coat on.

"It's the opposite of horrible." Cristina said.

"Alzheimer's or diabetes?" Meredith then pondered as Ryan who stood behind his sister with his lab coat now on, shook his head, "If you continue to whine about how you can't decide which ground-breaking medical advancement to put your name on, I will punch you in the ear." Cristina threatened her best friend.

Ryan smiled at that, "Well, my and Ryan's name's already on one of them, according to the Chief, I mean, diabetes—" Meredith started as Ryan then interrupted her, "Affects 240 million people worldwide."

"Photogenic memory." He told them all when some residents looked at him confused.

Callum looked at his friend then to Meredith who spoke about the Alzheimer's and Diabetes trials, "And Alzheimer's is—" Ryan stopped her again, "—The seventh lending cause of death."

"It's Sophie's choice." Cristina taunted her best friend. "It's Sophie's choice." Meredith then repeated.

Lexie then looked at them, "I've never seen that movie." She said as she went through her lab coat, "Oh you should. It's actually really funny." Ryan admitted as Lexie furrowed her eyebrows, "What? Me, Callum and Caitlin were had a movie night last night." He admitted to his half sister.

"Greys.." Dr Bailey approached the resident lounge, "—How long has your father been having abdominal pain?" Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, "Abdominal pain?" He repeated as Bailey nods her head, "Thatcher Grey is not an easy man to get information from."

Lexie turned her body to look at Dr Bailey, "Our father's here in the hospital?" Miranda nods her head, "Yeah, I admitted him an hour ago. You didn't know he was coming?" Lexie shook her head as Ryan and Meredith shared a look, "What's wrong? Could it be related to the liver transplant?"

"Of course." Meredith butted in, "He's rejecting it cause it's my liver." Ryan gave his sister a look knowing that Lexie was nervous about their dad being in the same hospital as them.

____

Ryan was stood at the NICU's desk where Lucy Fields was speaking to Alex Karev about how he's barred from the NICU, "Dude," Alex looked behind Lucy at Ryan who shook his head, "Stop talking."

Alex chuckled, "You can't do that." Lucy raised an eyebrow, "Wanna find out?" Ryan tan a hand down his face at the Karev male response who turned around and walked straight out of the NICU.

"Lucy."

The blonde turned her head looking at Ryan Grey, "I'm sorry about Karev. He doesn't know when to shut up." Lucy hummed at Ryan's words, "It's a good day for you. You'll be helping Dr Robbins on the baby with the hypoplastic left heart."

His eyes went in between Lucy's eyes with a charming smile, "Yes, ma'am." The blonde shook her head at his response, as Ryan only smiled wider at their interaction when the blonde walked away after filling out her chart.

"We know that without a doubt, that this heart is a viable option." Teddy said speaking to the parents as Alex appeared into the room behind them, "How? How do we know that this is a good match?"

Cristina looked at the father, "Babes under a year haven't developed an immune system that will reject the organ." She explained as Arizona who stood beside Ryan nods her head, impressed, "It makes matching a lot easier."