Chapter 26: Hunting Season

(AN: Small note that I wanted to add here. Wattpad hasn't been sending out notifications for the past two chapter drops that I've done for my other stories, and I have no clue why. It may be because I'm scheduling them to be published instead of just outright publishing them, but other than that I'm really not sure. Either way, let me know if you all got this in your inbox. If not, I'd recommend following me because I'll start doing announcements again. Also, I've made a discord where chapters will get announced before they get released too, here's the link for anyone interested: https://discord.gg/KE3XJTtG)

====================

"Freeze! I'm being serious, you evil poachers! I won't let you hurt any more Pokémon around here! Under the authority of the Ranger's Union, I'm putting you both under arrest! You have one chance to comply, or I'll take you both out!" A young woman shouted at them, her teal hair and bright red-orange jacket completely standing out from the tree line. Her face was fierce, glaring at them, with one arm outstretched before her. And, in her hand was a strange red device with an antenna sticking out the top. It looked futuristic, like his Pokédex, or his Pokétch...

An angry squeak ran up her shoulder and from behind her back a small cream-coloured mouse appeared, with red ears and markings on its face

An angry squeak ran up her shoulder and from behind her back a small cream-coloured mouse appeared, with red ears and markings on its face. It attempted to look intimidating but its size and shape didn't really translate to scary or strong. A few sparks danced around the Pokémon, showing that it was ready for a fight. "Plus!" It cried, quietly.

[Y/N] snorted, barely able to hide his laughter, and he covered his mouth, carefully putting down the weakened Shinx and bowl of stew

[Y/N] snorted, barely able to hide his laughter, and he covered his mouth, carefully putting down the weakened Shinx and bowl of stew. An irritated red tick formed above the Ranger's head, not too happy about being made out to be some joke. "How dare you, criminal scum!" And, she reached for the three-insignia strapped to her shoulder, speaking into it. "Jack, I've come across two hunters, they've currently got six stolen Pokémon.--" However, as she tried to speak, the trainer sitting opposite her shouted back. "Hey! I'm no damn criminal! This is my team, creep!"

Sycamore leaned forward, speaking with a hushed voice. "Mon ami, do you not know what the outfit that young woman is wearing means?" [Y/N] angrily shook his head. "No clue, and I don't care, nobody calls me a criminal and gets away with it!" He stood up, but this caught the young woman's attention, and her brow furrowed. "I told you to stay put! Plusle, Quick Attack, then Nuzzle!" The small electric-type leapt from off her shoulder and dashed towards the supposed poachers...