Chapter 24: Secure Attachment Style Where?

𖤐⭒๋࣭ ⋆。𖦹°。°✮.

After a few seconds, you stand up, face and fists feeling numb, knuckles bloody and walk back out to catch up with Leon, taking the bandages out of your bag on the way. He sees you as he is already walking back to come get you from where he had originally left you.

You nod at him and walk straight past, avoiding his eyes and he frowns. "What happened to your hands?" He asks, jogging up by you.

"Plaga." You say, wrapping the bandage around your fist. You are itching to sock him in his stupid jaw right now, then we'll see how much kissing he can do.

"It did that to your hands?"

"I guess so."

"Y/n, come on now. What's with the attitude?"

You roll your eyes at him, picking up the pace so he makes an effort to keep up. "Y/n." He repeats more seriously.

"Can't you just keep your mouth shut?"

He grabs your wrist, pulling you to face him. You try to swat his hand off, but the grip tightens. With a clear view of your face, he notices your eyes.

"Have you been crying?"

"It's just the plaga, get off me, Leon."

"This is not going to work out if you don't tell me what's going on."

"This isn't going to work out if you don't get the fuck off right now. The plaga is getting to me and you're not helping, you're wasting my time. Our time. Ashley's time." You shoved past him, storming off as he was left stunned finally giving up and trailing behind you. The walk down the hallway was awful, as you were fighting back tears that were threatening to spill out, trying to use the breathing techniques they taught you and push it all to the back of your mind.

You see one of the cloaked workers at the end of the dimmed halls, pulling your gun out and shooting him twice, drawing his attention toward you after his stun period was over. Taking the chance to push out all the aggression building up you ran up toward it, dodging its quick attempt to hit you with its axe, and latching onto his back to plunge your knife into its head at least 10 times before it gave in and fell to the floor, hearing the footsteps of another behind you, you knock it's feet from underneath it and kick it's head in with the back of your foot before it can even recover from the stun.

There is more coming down the hallway, you can hear it, when you turn around you see a scorpion almost the size of you but horizontally. Leon shoots it, as it's mid-air leaping toward you, and you give it a similar treatment until it's hissing on the floor, shrivelling up onto its back.

You kick its carcass, looking at the green liquid oozing from it and hoping there's no more. Leon has become as scared as he is shocked by your livid performance. The more I interact with women the scarier they get. He decides that he's going to leave you alone, at least for a little bit. Although you've most cooled off, your mind is corrupted by the sticky blood that has spurted across your shirt and what comes next at the end of the hall, and Leon opening his mouth could change the momentary peace very quickly.

Continuing down the halls, you find scorpions latching onto the backs of the guards of the castle, sinking their heads into the back of their necks and using their arms as another weapon alongside the two that they were born with. Seeing this, Leon forcibly pulls you behind a wall blocking the sight before you can lash out again and run at it. Having to shut up to avoid drawing attention, when you look at him all you can envision is that woman's face, churning your stomach with that familiar feeling of disgust.