Chapter Eleven: Consequences Of Your Actions

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

The next few moments of the walk to the wheel to open the gate, and walking out of it were the most laborious and he struggled to find something to say, and you tried to avoid any talking as best you could. Not only that, but when you were walking back to the gate, you saw what was left of the Ganado that Leon must've killed after you were knocked out. Some of their heads were smashed in, bones broken, heads snapped off. He went completely ballistic on these villagers.

You gave a quick glance to his combat boots and noticed how completely bloodied up they are, what could have brought him to kick their heads until it was completely mushed up? Stepping over the bodies, you're annoyed that the gruesome sight wasn't enough to get your mind out of what had just happened.

That regretful interaction and the silence it induced allows Leon to finally admit to himself what he's been denying for a while. Since you saved him at the start, he had been interested in you, even if it was just a small feeling in his chest that was suddenly brewing at a faster rate. And now watching how you gave in, he thought you felt similarly. He didn't know why you were denying it now, or going silent. His amplified anger was probably just a defence mechanism to stop him from getting into another Ada situation, or deal with the unrequited nature of his real desires. He knew better than to repeat the most regretful part of his history.

His hopes weren't high, he knew that the fact you were both DSO agents, a department that faced so many deaths. He might even lose you, like he lost Ada, he promised himself this time it would be different. Getting too close and going through that again with someone he would learn to care for so deeply, if this went further it would ruin him. Despite this, part of him already felt it was too late, he already cared, and he already wanted something more and knew he couldn't stop himself.

He kept looking at you, when you walked side by side up the road you came from, just for you to refuse to look at him at all. Your chest felt extremely tense on the walk back, knowing his eyes were on you only made it worse. All you could do was focus up the path ahead, muttering to yourself internally how stupid you were to give in, feeling frustrated at him as well for putting you in this position.

Something that had always gone unsaid is that you would never date or get romantically involved with any of your co-workers, mainly because it was against protocol, and secondly because it made your job complicated. It was a clash of interests for your missions, since reaching objectives may clash with personal relationships, and your mission becomes a second priority. Ignoring that fact, Leon was someone unimaginable for you to be involved with, completely incompatible. The nonsensical craving echoing around your head made you thank yourself for the self control you had in your clearer state of mind, convincing yourself to upkeep it throughout the long next hours with him. It wasn't even a choice, you had to stay away from him.

Another frustrating part that you didn't have anyone to tell, to help you keep your composure, and focus on saving Ashley and you still had no idea where she was, or where the windmill you were meant to be looking for was.

Being mad at him helped, it was only a short term excuse to stay away from him. On the path back you quickly came across the merchant again and his stand as he was directly opposite of the gate. You went back up to him Leon going the opposite way to figure out how to open the gate since it turns out the hexagonal key was part of a puzzle needed to open the door, knowing that he needed to give you space, even if it was for a bit.

The merchant noticed how you had both split off and didn't talk when you were approaching him, as you sprawled out all of the valuables you collected, he asked you a question.

"You lads alright? Finally out the honeymoon phase?" He asked curiously, looking back at Leon who was trying to incorrectly figure out how to get the key in the hole.