Hello, My Name Is...

(A/N: This chapter contains spoilers for the second season of Invincible. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch it and come back. It's very good.)

(A/N: This is based on the Marvel Team-Up: Spider-Man Meets Invincible comic)

Normal dialogue
'Thoughts'
Radio/Phone
'Telepathic link'
Computer
[Foreign language] <Dialogue in foreign language>

------------------------------

New York City
September 19, 17:31 EDT

Spider-Man: You can't keep this up all night, Adrian. You're not exactly the young man you used to be.

In an alleyway in New York, Spider-Man flipped up off the ground and onto a wall as Adrian Toomes, aka Vulture, threw a wing blade at Spider-Man but missed. What neither of them noticed was a green circular portal appearing in the same alley they were fighting in.

Spider-Man: OOP! Maybe you still can get it up after all. I'll have to remember that.

Adrian Toomes, the man Spider-Man is currently fighting, was an inventor who used to work at Oscorp (because that wasn't a bad sign already). He had presented Norman with a prototype wingsuit, but it was deemed too dangerous to test. That angered Toomes, who was already in a rough spot after being diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer, and he was eventually laid off for being "psychologically unstable" when he attempted to test the wingsuit on a random Oscorp employee. Having no other option, Adrian decided to test the wingsuit on himself, but it malfunctioned. Now, it's permanently stuck to him, endlessly pumping adrenaline into his bloodstream and slowing down the growth of the tumor inside his brain at the same time.

 Now, it's permanently stuck to him, endlessly pumping adrenaline into his bloodstream and slowing down the growth of the tumor inside his brain at the same time

Toomes had made his first appearance nearly a month after the Lizard's defeat when he attempted to rob a bank on Wall Street. Fortunately, Spider-Man stopped him, which angered him even more. Ever since then, he had grown an incredible hatred towards the web-slinger.

Spider-Man: Let's see how well you perform with the lights out.

He shot a web at Vulture's face, blinding him. Vulture tried to blindly swipe his bladed wing at Spider-Man, who flipped over it and landed behind him.

Spider-Man: Alright, that wasn't bad at all. Honestly, if it weren't for my Spider-Sense, you might've actually hit me. I'd say you're out of—

He was interrupted when a blade from Vulture's wings hit him in the shoulder, knocking him down to the ground.

Spider-Man: Lucky shot, Adrian. No skill whatso—

He was immediately pinned against the wall by Vulture, who had one hand wrapped around his neck.