THIRTY-EIGHT

heaven -julia michaelspillowtalk -zayn

pillowtalk -zayn

Many days later...Lord Waynwood invited Daemon and Daenaera to a dinner with his family. As their host, he thought it fitting, since they would be leaving soon for their journey to Pentos.

Daenaera was given a beautiful, long sleeve red dress with intricate lace and a silver chain belt. Her hair had been curled down and a black flower crown placed upon her head, made from the flowers in the gardens. She was all smiles as she sat beside Lord Waynwood's daughters, whom doted on the Princess.

Across from them, Lord Waywood's son whom was staring at Daenaera like a lovesick puppy.

Daemon sat beside her, his expression stern and stoic, he was clearly noticing the look that Lord Waynwood's son was giving her. He didn't like it in the slightest.

She looked beautiful in that dress and the flower crown in her hair was making her look even more gorgeous, he was quite proud of how she looked.

His hand moved over and took hers into his own, but that was all he did. He kept his expression as it was and just watched the son.

Daenaera looked over at him, and smiled before looking back at Waynwood's daughters.

Lord Waynwood was continuing on whatever rant he was going on.

Daemon was listening to his rant but not actually hearing it, he was watching the son, ready at any moment to intervene should he approach Daenaera. His grip on her hand was light but it made her aware that he was there and watching out for her.

"The Princess and I are tired," Daemon spoke up loudly, interrupting Waynwood's rant. "We shall return to our chambers."

Daenaera looked at him, surprised. She had only taken a few bites of her meal and Daemon hadn't even touched his. "I'm still eating," she told him with a small frown.

"It's fine," Daemon spoke, his face still held that scowl as he replied, still watching the son. He didn't care if she was still eating, he had to make it very clear that he did not tolerate those that looked at Daenaera in such ways. "The servants can bring it to our chambers. We'll go, come," he told her, his thumb rubbing against her own fingers.

"O-Of course, my Prince." Lord Waynwood cleared his throat, bowing his head. His son and daughters doing the same. "Princess. Thank you, and good evening."

"Good evening," Daemon replied with a polite nod, still keeping that scowl on his face.

He then moved to stand and offered his arm to Daenaera so she could stand.

"We should take our leave then," he told her, his hand still gentle around her own fingers.

Daenaera stood up with him, locking her elbow with his as they left the dining hall.