TWENTY

|

|

"You tell anyone about this, anyone...and I will carve your limbs as chum for the dragons."

Aemond had Maester Gyldayne pressed against the door in Daenaera's chambers. His sword to the man's throat. A murderous look in his one good eye, and his face red with such fury that it could have put Maegor the Cruel to shame.

His sweet sister, Daenaera, laid on her bed, sweating and breathing heavily.

Moments ago, when the Maester had come upon the guards summon that night, Aemond had not informed anyone yet. And he sat there in the room the entire time as the Maester and the servants undressed Daenaera to see any external injuries, making sure that they did not hurt her further. He kept his back turned out of respect for his sister's decency, but that was until he heard the servants gasp and the Maester say, "Gods be good..."

Aemond turned around with a scowl on his face, just as the Maester had finished his examination. He noticed how the servants were all looking at the unconscious princess as though she had done something terrible, like smothered their children sort of terrible.

"What is it?" He asked, rushing forward toward the bed. His eye scanning them all before looking down to Daenaera. "Is she okay? Why have you stopped working on her?"

The Maester was pale. His eyes finally moving from Daenaera's form and up to the one-eyed prince. He dare not speak the words out loud, for fear that even the rats in the walls would spread his words like wildfire. And so, carefully, he stood up and took the Prince across the room by the door. There is where he whispered to Aemond his findings.

...marks on her legs...maidenhood...gods forgiveness...

The things exactly said to Aemond had gone one ear and out the other. The entire time, his eyes were on Daenaera's precious form laying on the bed. Slowly, as the words processed, there was something that triggered deep within him.

"...The Princess Daenaera is no longer a maiden, my Prince. We must inform the King and Queen immediately so that we could-"

The servants all screeched and yelled out in surprise when Aemond had drew out his sword with one hand and in the other, he grabbed Gyldayne's neck and slammed the old man against the door. His expression enraged as he pressed the blade into the Maester's neck. "Cretin...Lies will not be shared such as the insinuations you have whispered into my ear. You dare question the Princess's virtue, that is an act of treason," Aemond threatened in the deadliest of tones. And he looked back at the servants, pointing his blade to them. "Kneel!" He demanded.

The servants whimpered and coiled to their knees on the ground by the bed. Their frantic eyes looking between the Princess and the angry Prince.

"I will not entertain such lies, from any of you. You do not utter a single word such as these lies again, do you understand me?" Aemond pushed the old man harder into the door making the man moan in pain and trembling. His teeth clenched hard. "From any person in this room now, should any of you utter a damned thing again about the Princess' virtue, I shall remove your tongues myself."