THIRTY-SEVEN

one day -hans zimmer

Weeks spent in Lord Waynwood's keep, Daenaera found comfort in the beautiful white wild-flowers that grew in the courtyard. She liked to sit by them and let their sweet scents fill her nose while Daemon watched her from the gazebo, drinking his wine and smiling to himself as he watched her.

He was always there, if not near than still far enough away where he can keep his eyes on her.

The baby, he would tell her, he wouldn't risk any harm to her or the baby.

She didn't mind it. They spent every waking second together, their mornings spent in the courtyard, their noons spent on dragon-back or reading, and their nights spent making love.

All in wait for a Magister in Pentos to send word back that he was ready to host them.

Daemon smiled as he watched her and her movements as she touched the wild-flowers. He had never felt such a warmth before in the years he had been alive.

"They look pretty," he breathed as he spoke, he let his gaze run over the flowers and he picked one, "and they smell just as good too." He brought it up to his nose, he inhaled the scent.

Daenaera looked up at him. Her velvet blue-grey robes flowing all around where she sat on a stone. Her sweet eyes filled with mild worry.

"Lord Waynwood said not to pick anything," She said in soft panic.

Which made him chuckle. He didn't care what the Lord had said.

Daemon laughed as she took notice of his smirk, "It's fine, Lord Waynwood won't even notice they're gone." He glanced over at her, noticing the mild panic of her voice, he had never found her to be so adorable before. "No one will even know..." he reassured her, "Relax and enjoy my dear, he won't know."

She pouted up at him while he placed the wild-flower behind her ear. "You are too lax," She told him softly. Almost in a scolding. "Not everyone appreciates your rule-breaking..."

Daemon's smile only widened as she scolded him, her concern and worry over his little rule-breaking was so adorable, he almost felt a burst of pride inside of him. "No they don't," he replied, "But you're the only one that matters to me." He brushed her hair behind her ear to show off the flower more. "I don't care if Waynwood appreciates it or not."

"He is our host," Daenaera reminded. "I do not wish to disrespect him."

"Picking flowers isn't going to make him explode with rage," he pointed out to her, though his soft smile remained on his face. He placed another flower on her ear, he couldn't help but smile at her cute reaction to something as simple as this.

When he place another flower in her hair she tried not to smile, and she looked down bashfully.

Daemon watched her movements, her cute actions, the way she looked down bashfully, and the way she tried not to smile made his heart flutter in a way it never had before.