14 | No Signature

Samir leaned forward to kiss Nina's lips a few times in a row while she used a small white towel to wipe the charcoal mask from his forehead, being careful not to get it in his eyebrow hairs

Samir leaned forward to kiss Nina's lips a few times in a row while she used a small white towel to wipe the charcoal mask from his forehead, being careful not to get it in his eyebrow hairs. She'd learned her lesson when she put the mask on herself a few weeks ago.

It was currently a little past four in the morning and Samir had to leave for work in an hour and they still hadn't been to sleep yet. He was sad and a bit frustrated that she was going back home today, but since he couldn't do anything about it, they were enjoying the little time they had left.

Bloom by Aqyila played at a low volume on the TV in his bedroom, and Nina stood in front of him with a white towel wrapped around her body, singing along with the song. Watching her made Samir want to melt. He was so in love with her.

"What is it you see in me? Tell me why do you believe in me, hmmm." She kissed his clean cheek in the midst of her singing, and he wrapped his arms around her waist after returning the kiss to her face.

"I love it here, you pleasing me." He sung back, and Nina smiled big at how he knew the lyrics. She played the song around him so often because it kind of reminded her of the situation-ship she had with him and it made her fall in love with it.

Her smile slowly fell as she continued to stare at him, getting lost in her favorite pair of brown eyes. He was such a beautiful man and he had the sweetest soul she'd ever had the pleasure of meeting. He was truly one of a kind and it made her feel guilty for being with him.

Nina hated that she had to put him second to her husband, and she hated that Samir was okay with her doing that. It made her afraid to think about it, but she wished another girl would come into his life and fall in love with him. He deserved to be put first and Nina couldn't give him that.

Any girl would be lucky to be even a friend of his. She knew that God had sent them to one another, but why would He choose her? There were a billion women in the world that He could've picked, but Nina was the chosen one. Why? She was no good for him.

What did Samir see in her? What did God see in her? What did they see that she couldn't? Searching for the answer stressed her out.

"I love you so much. Stop thinking. Just be here with me." Samir leaned his forehead against hers, reaching up to wipe away the tear that slipped out of her eye.

Nina quietly gasped, just now realizing that she was crying.

"I'm sorry." She sniffed.

"Do I even have to ask what you're sorry for?" His smile held a hint of sadness in it, making her sniff again.

"I want you so bad but I—I don't know what to do Mir."

"You don't have to cry ma. I'll be here when you ready. I'm not going nowhere." He told her.

"Why do you wanna wait around for me? What if I'm never strong enough to leave?"

"You are already strong enough. I believe in you." He said at the same time that the song repeated the lyric, and a faint smile returned to Nina's face.