11 | Uhoh

Nina grabbed her pillow with a growing smile on her face as she began to wake up from her sleep, feeling her lips being kissed

Nina grabbed her pillow with a growing smile on her face as she began to wake up from her sleep, feeling her lips being kissed. She puckered hers out to kiss him back, reaching up to hold his face. When she felt hair, her eyes popped open at the realization that those lips didn't belong to Samir.

It slipped her mind that she came back home last night. She wished she was in bed with him.

"Good morning baby." Tyler kissed her forehead next, and she almost let out a very loud sigh at her own husband.

"Hey. When did you get in?" She rubbed her eye, realizing that the sun was out and shining brightly, which meant that it wasn't early morning like she assumed it would be.

"Around two. You were already sleep by the time we made it. Bryce, Jace, and Kell slept over. They just left a few minutes ago." He told her, opening the curtains up further.

"Nobody came to speak? Not even Jace?" She chuckled, sitting up in the bed.

"They did. You were knocked out. You usually wake up at anything, I was surprised. What has you so tired? Had fun with the girls?" He asked, grabbing his small suitcase to unpack it.

"Definitely. I needed that." She smiled just thinking about how yesterday afternoon went; but it had nothing to do with Zyriah or their friends.

"It looks like it. Do you want to order a new wig today?" He could see her frontal lifting although her bonnet covered a majority of it.

"I was going to but I think I want some braids.. I haven't had any in a while—like, seven months now? I need to let my edges breathe."

"I don't really like the braids. What about a curly wig? The big poofy curls that you spray water on." He suggested instead, and Nina almost agreed since he'd be paying for it anyway, but remembered the conversation she had with Samir yesterday.

"No. I want braids. I'm going to book an appointment right now." She didn't allow him to change her mind, and Tyler held his hands up in surrender.

She pulled the cover off of her legs so that she could stand up, and she slid her feet into a pair of gray bunny slippers before she did. Then, she walked to the bathroom to take care of her morning routine and relieve her bladder.

When she was done, she went ahead and removed the rest of her full lace wig and tossed it into the trash bin. She did the same with the wig cap that was still stuck to her forehead, revealing the six month old cornrows underneath. It was definitely time for a wash, blow out, and trim.

As he'd stated, Tyler didn't like when Nina got braids. He didn't care if they were knotless, feed ins, tribals—he hated it all. He really loved when she wore wigs or her natural hair when it was pressed out, so she just repeatedly installs wigs on herself because her natural hair was too annoying to maintain.